Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Taking Care og my Parrots

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Taking Care og my Parrots

Postby DesireeWhite » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:54 am

I have been taking care of my two parrots for a long day. But recently I am noticing a few cats starting to come to my house. Though they are not harmful, they just come to my house, not the house its my garden and use it as a toilet. But I am worried if someday they attack my pets, then I have nothing to do. So I want to prevent them from coming to my garden. Is there any way that I can successfully stop them from coming to my house?
DesireeWhite
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Flight: Yes

Re: Taking Care og my Parrots

Postby DesireeWhite » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:51 am

I was searching online for getting ideas about how to stop the outsider cats from coming to my garden and I found this ultrasonic cat repellent device. But friends, I would like to know if this device won't hurt my parrots. But most people reviewed that it is not harmful for parrots. What do you think?
Last edited by DesireeWhite on Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
DesireeWhite
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0

Re: Taking Care og my Parrots

Postby Pajarita » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:01 pm

Welcome to the forum. I don't use anything that produces ultrasonic sounds because there is a distinct possibility that it does affect parrots (see this: https://bird-x.com/wp-content/uploads/U ... ions-1.pdf).

But there are sprays that you can use - I would start with spraying the spots they have used and all around the house.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to General Parrot Care