Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

I know this is stupid but...

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Re: I know this is stupid but...

Postby Vikki » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:10 pm

ROFL - Not quite the same. In fact that was probably much worse. I think my worst story like that was when I was little, maybe 6 and I was sick and we didn't have any ginger ale to drin so I drank red soda (you see where this is going?) and I remember I had a fever so my mom put me in the bathtub and I ended up throwing up a gallon of red soda while I was sitting in the tub and I sat there screaming, surrounded by red and I thought my mom was going to die of a heart attack, LOL.

OK, this is way off topic, sorry, just had to share. Back on the topic though, when my macaws regurge, it smells kind of like spoiled, wet saltines. Kind of weird and just bad enough to make it that much more unenjoyable. :)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds. - Aesop
Vikki
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Jardine's parrot, Catalina Macaw, Harlequin Macaw, Hahn's macaw
Flight: Yes

Postby Vicki5280 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:26 pm

Vikki wrote:Yes both sexes regurgitate. And if your bird does the gagging and doesn't actually "produce", be grateful. My lovely Harlequin always does it when we are alone and its like he specifically waits to do it until after he's eaten a bowl full of food and water so its like smelly, warm oatmeal... and he usually does it all over my hands, once on top of my head... that was gross. But I still love him too. :) :macaw:

The top of your head? :lol: Ewww! But hey! Top bird gets the highest perch :) maybe that's the highest compliment?! :?

kaylayuh wrote:Though once when I was a little kid, my cousin vomitted a pack of oreos and grape kool aid on my head. I wonder if he really super loved me? lol.

It sounds like super-love to me!!! :thumbsup:

Vikki wrote:I ended up throwing up a gallon of red soda while I was sitting in the tub and I sat there screaming, surrounded by red and I thought my mom was going to die of a heart attack, LOL.

OMG! I can ONLY imagine the look on your mom's face! :o LMAO!!

Thanks all! You helped lighten this up for me a little bit. My HUSBAND is getting the biggest kick out of this turn of events... and my children? They want to know when I'll be hatching their siblings. Yes... I have a mature family. :roll:

Oh well, that's what I have y'all and my fids for, right?
Bucky - Quaker :monk:
JJ - Turquoise GCC Image
Vicki - Me! :dancing2:
Vicki5280
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Quaker, Greencheek Conure, Lovebird
Flight: No

Postby kaylayuh » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:01 pm

Vicki5280 wrote:
Vikki wrote:Yes both sexes regurgitate. And if your bird does the gagging and doesn't actually "produce", be grateful. My lovely Harlequin always does it when we are alone and its like he specifically waits to do it until after he's eaten a bowl full of food and water so its like smelly, warm oatmeal... and he usually does it all over my hands, once on top of my head... that was gross. But I still love him too. :) :macaw:

The top of your head? :lol: Ewww! But hey! Top bird gets the highest perch :) maybe that's the highest compliment?! :?

kaylayuh wrote:Though once when I was a little kid, my cousin vomitted a pack of oreos and grape kool aid on my head. I wonder if he really super loved me? lol.

It sounds like super-love to me!!! :thumbsup:

Vikki wrote:I ended up throwing up a gallon of red soda while I was sitting in the tub and I sat there screaming, surrounded by red and I thought my mom was going to die of a heart attack, LOL.

OMG! I can ONLY imagine the look on your mom's face! :o LMAO!!

Thanks all! You helped lighten this up for me a little bit. My HUSBAND is getting the biggest kick out of this turn of events... and my children? They want to know when I'll be hatching their siblings. Yes... I have a mature family. :roll:

Oh well, that's what I have y'all and my fids for, right?

Tell them they'll only hatch if they're super behaved for the next month. ;) And again, SO happy that I haven't been regurgitated for.

Also -- I didn't even wake up when he vomited on me. We were camping with our grandparents and they saw him vomit on me. They had to wake me up to take me to the campground bathroom so I could get a shower. All I remember is that grape soda and oreos (who lets a kid eat a whole back of oreos!!!?) are really very hard to wash out of your hair!
"Mockingbirds don't do one thing but make music for us to enjoy. They don't do one thing but sing their hearts out for us. That's why it's a sin to kill a mockingbird."
- Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
kaylayuh
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: 2 Budgies
1 Green Cheek Conure
Flight: Yes

Previous

Return to General Parrot Care