Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

letting marty fly again?

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Re: letting marty fly again?

Postby Margaret » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:24 pm

I believe you know the answer already. :thumbsup: I believe that birds have wings to fly. I was happy watching my last budgie-Plum- finally fly after his feathers grow back and I'll be happy watching my Tiel's first flight. I didn't have any choice of clip/no clip my birds, but I think I will never willingly allow to clip bird's wings without a serious reason. Good luck!

As kaylayuh already mentioned, there is always a way to keep different pets in our homes under our supervision. Otherwise we wouldn't keep different species of birds in one household.
Margaret
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Budgies, Cockatiel
Flight: Yes

Postby coral » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:31 pm

thanks you guys! ive decided marty is definatley going to be flying once he molts and gets his new feathers ;)
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song. <3
coral
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: zebra finches, society finches, spice finches, and a blue headed pionus parrot
Flight: No

Postby zazanomore » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:20 pm

Are your birds in your room? If they are, I think you should keep your door closed at all times. I don't have a cat at the moment, just a small dog. They are never out together. I'm a cat lover, and when I ever get another one, I will keep my birds in a cat-proof bird room.

I'm glad to hear you are letting his wings grow in! You'll be amazed at how beautiful it is to see his outstretched wings, with full feathers. Then there's the sound of flapping wings. Be prepared for a bit of awkward flying and some flight feathers falling out :)
Bonnie - :budgie2:
Clyde - :budgie:
Einstein - :greycockatiel:
Alyssa - :thumbsup:
zazanomore
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiels
Budgies
Flight: Yes

Postby coral » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:58 am

yes and my door is always closed :) i cant wait to see him start flying :)
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song. <3
coral
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: zebra finches, society finches, spice finches, and a blue headed pionus parrot
Flight: No

Previous

Return to General Parrot Care