Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Skittles and Little Bird

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Skittles and Little Bird

Postby viki » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:44 pm

Sorry its been so long guys but iv been pretty busy.
Well the news is iv rehomed skittles for less then we paid for him but im happy if hes happy and i think he will be. The man who took him has loads of experience, he already has a pair of senegals an african grey and an amazon. he owns an avairy and lives in the countryside so hel have lots of wild birds to talk to too...im hoping he might get him a gf but at least hel have two of his own kind. we went to see his avairy and the birds seemed very happy with loads of space to fly around. He will prob love less human contact also (ie not living in the house).
and little bird seems to be getting on very well. we took him for his first drive in his travel cage yesterday, which he wasnt too keen on. he got a new swing, food bowl, twirly thing to play on and a ball wednesday. we also got him a clippers for his nails...which when we use it will b a scarey event for mommy daddy and baby. todays hes a little cranky but i think mayb hes tired and stressed from the day before and he played all day with his daddy and i came home later then usual, just hope thats all.
the weekend wer buying him a bigger second hand cage and a play gym. ope he likes it he seems to be getting better about new things, but i guess with all the news things were buying for him he has no choice. Ill post a pic of his toys and gym when i get the chance.
over all it was a tough two weeks trying to find a home for skittles i was happy with, and i think an avairy was the place for him. just glad i can look forward to teaching little bird some new things and spending more time with him and less time worry about my lovely skittles; who will always have a place in my heart and i will always love and never forget. just whish i cuda kissed him guybye or some how let him know i did try and didnt want to give up, and that i love him regardless.
just have to remind myself hes happier now...he must be...
:greycockatiel: Little Bird the baby
:amazon: Lotto

:senegal: Skittles i will always love u and hold a place in my heart for u, after all u are my baby...be happy babe
viki
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiel
Amazon
Flight: No

Re: Skittles and Little Bird

Postby Mum2rory » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:19 am

I think you have done the right thing for youself and Little Bird but especially for Skittles. If you are happy, Skittles happy then its right. Congrats on getting to keep Little Bird. Arent tiels just the best little characters/ For something quite small, they have BIIIIIIG attitude.
Budgies - Harry and Billy
Cinn GCC - Bailey
Blue Quaker - Malakai (Kai)
Cockatiel - Rhyly
Mum2rory
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: 2 Budgies, 1 Cinnamon Green Cheek Conure, 1 Quaker , 1 Cockatiel (and 1 sadly missed Cockatiel who flew away Sept 24 2011. Miss you sweety)
Flight: Yes

Postby viki » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:36 am

hes still developing his personality i can see but ya he knows what he wants and how to get it and theres no stopping him. i am so excited about gettin to focus my time on him and him only now. thanks for all ur advise earlier

:senegal: Skittles i will always love u and hold a place in my heart for u, after all u are my baby...be happy babe
viki
Cockatiel

Amazon

Postby Mum2rory » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:01 am

Did you have any probs keeping Little Bird (from the dealer?) Was it hard to get Skittles back from him? Many here were very worried about you all, I am glad it has all worked out for you. Are you going to keep the name Little Bird for the tiel (its a cute name)
Cinn GCC - Bailey
Cockatiel - Rhyly
Mum2rory
Conure

Types of Birds Owned: 2 Budgies, 1 Cinnamon Green Cheek Conure, 1 Quaker , 1 Cockatiel (and 1 sadly missed Cockatiel who flew away Sept 24 2011. Miss you sweety)

Postby parrotsareyay » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:56 pm

*sniff* i just love happy endings! :D
Skittles is happy, ur happy, and little bird has a home and is welcomed to his new world! :danicing:
parrotsareyay
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 0

Postby viki » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:06 pm

we wer thinking of a new name but nothing fits him better then little bird. the only problem te dealer had was money. he doesnt know i rehomed him so he had advise about keeping them seperate and all that but as long as i said id be ok with him he was ok
the name little bird seems to b sticking but if anyone has any ideas id be happy to hear them
this litle guy is ma baby and we love cuddling up together before bed :D

viki
Cockatiel

Amazon

Postby parrotsareyay » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:16 pm

i think little bird is perfect :)
how many people has that name anyways! unique names i believe are the best :P
parrotsareyay
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 0

Postby liz » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:24 pm

viki wrote:we wer thinking of a new name but nothing fits him better then little bird. the only problem te dealer had was money. he doesnt know i rehomed him so he had advise about keeping them seperate and all that but as long as i said id be ok with him he was ok
the name little bird seems to b sticking but if anyone has any ideas id be happy to hear them
this litle guy is ma baby and we love cuddling up together before bed :D

Little Bird is a preciouse name. I like the names that are given for personality or how you feel about the pet. My pets that came with names have learned nicknames as well.

It is funny that when I say the name of a cockatiel in the flock that is the one who comes to the front of the cage and the others know which one I am calling.

Did Skittles recover from his illness?

I don't think you should have to pay for Little Bird. The man gave him to you to distract you from Skittles.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby viki » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:48 am

well we were well and truely shafted. he charged us 200 for little bird and a normal hand rared cockatiel is 95 max. but since id already bonded and we just wanted to get out of the situation we said ok. when i saw skittles last he was very angry for having bein left there. he just looked at us with disgust. he ad another week of antibiotics left and was coming round well im told but iv not been in contact since. everytime i think of him i just feel so guily, and i hate that feeling.
as for little bird i always feel guilty for leaving him alone during the day especially because my bf is working some mornings lately which means hes alone a little longer then planned so my bf got him/her a friend yesterday. the friend wont be here for 2 weeks but im excited already and hope little bird will enjoy the company

viki
Cockatiel

Amazon

Postby Mum2rory » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:15 pm

Please keep the name little Bird. We have all come to know exactly who s/he is and the story behind it all. The name suits.
Cinn GCC - Bailey
Cockatiel - Rhyly
Mum2rory
Conure

Next

Return to General Parrot Care