Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Am I missing anything?

Share ideas for making your own parrot toys. What are the best things for parrots to play with? Show pictures of parrots with toys.

Re: Am I missing anything?

Postby pchela » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:28 am

Looks like you are set! I can tell you are excited... I wonder how many times you'll rearrange the cage before the baby comes home? I rearranged mine several times trying to get everything perfect. One note; I notice you have a water bottle set up. You probably know this but just in case, make sure he has access to water in a bowl until you are positive that he is drinking from the bottle and be aware that they can shove food and stuff up into the spout and clog the water bottle. I know a lady who lost a caique that way... by the time she realized the bottle was clogged, it was too late.
"I bet the sparrow looks at the parrot and thinks, yes, you can talk, but LISTEN TO YOURSELF!" ~ Jack Handy ~ Deep Thoughts
pchela
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal -Pippin
Red Belly - Nicholas
Lesser Jardine's - Rupert
Timneh African Grey - Isabeau (Ibby)
Flight: Yes

Postby lainmai » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:36 am

I'll probably re do the cage a few times lol! I did it twice yesterday.....and I'm going to have 2 feed dishes and one water dish but have to wait for the stainless steel ones to come in since the store was sold out. I'm looking forward to teaching the little guy how to use the water bottle as well as everything else under the sun =)

I'll grab a picture of the foot toys I have so far as well for the little guy and post it after breakfast. I slept in (today is a national holiday) and my 'Lets are not too happy they have not had breakfast yet, lol!

Foot toys (I'm only keeping 2/3 of the "Bizzy Balls" the one with fabric hanging out of it I'll give to my friends cat as I don't think the fabric is good material for my fid to play with)
Owned by 2 Parrotlets (Minoru & Midori) and 1 Senegal (Tobi)
lainmai
Conure

Types of Birds Owned: Pacific Parrotlet, Senegal

Postby Mr.Darcy » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:43 pm

I live in Vancouver and have been to West Coast tropical, it is packed with awesome stuff and the owners are very helpful! Upstairs from the store is an Avian Vet!!
I have a few websites of choice both Canadian and American:
Canadian
http://www.oliversgarden.com/
http://www.birdyboredombusters.com/hardware.html
http://www.featheredaddictions.com/
US
http://www.jollyballs.net/store/ this toy is on youtube!
http://www.tntbirdtoys.com/

and a few more if people want to know...... :macaw3:
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
Maya Angelou

:macaw3: :meyers: and Marlies
Mr.Darcy
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Hahn's macaw
Meyer's parrot

Postby dani.girl916 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:19 pm

lainmai wrote: I've been looking EVERYWHERE for the small whiffle balls and vine balls but have yet to find any =(
Any idea where in Canada you can find them?

EBAY! It is great for toys! I just bought a few things off of there for not too much. I saw vine balls and rattle toys and whiffle balls etc. I know it isn't a bird store online shop, but there are people that sell, what looks to be, reputable stuff on there. There is LOTS of stuff :) Also try Etsy.com, if you search for bird toys or something along those lines you will find a person that sells in Dublin, Ireland. She is VERY nice and she is giving me a great deal on a bunch of things :)
Hope that helps,
-DG :)
dani.girl916
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: White Bellied Caique
Flight: No

Postby TheNzJessie » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:53 am

i like the java wood balls they look cool my lori would love those! did you order them online, if you did can i have a link? thanks :)
Qwil-:budgie:
Jango-:rainbow:
Jessie-ME
:)
TheNzJessie
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Rainbow lorikeet
Budgie

Postby Rue » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:19 am

Looks like a good start! ;)

My grey and the pi luv Birdie Bagels...they come in different sizes. The grey shreds them in no time, so I don't give them to her every day, but I put in about 3 a week and let her 'at 'em'...

I also order toys from Parrotdise Perch - and I got the Avian Adventure backback from them. I ordered a playstand from West Coast Tropicals...they had great customer service...
Every parrot has a duty: To reduce the world to toothpicks.
Rue
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiels -2 hens
Amazon, Green-cheeked
Pionus. White-capped
African Grey, Red-tailed (CAG)

Postby lainmai » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:18 pm

TheNzJessie wrote:i like the java wood balls they look cool my lori would love those! did you order them online, if you did can i have a link? thanks :)

I actually picked them up at PJ's Pets - they came in this week as a new product! I'm sure others will have themas well soon as they are actually a JavaWood product.
Owned by 2 Parrotlets (Minoru & Midori) and 1 Senegal (Tobi)
lainmai
Conure

Types of Birds Owned: Pacific Parrotlet, Senegal

Postby JadeW » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:19 am

Oh my... I thought I had a spoiled little guy, but yours sure is! Looks like you've got pretty much everything he could ever want, which is never a bad thing! Those online shop links look like a great idea. I've mostly bought my toys from local pet stores, but I think I'm slowly but surely starting to pick their shelves clean. The biggest surprise was WalMart actually. Found a cute little hanging rope perch that he doesn't use (when I'm around). You have one super lucky bird tho :)
Michele and Cas <3
JadeW
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiel
Flight: No

Previous

Return to Toys, Accessories, and DIY