Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Safe Toys?

Share ideas for making your own parrot toys. What are the best things for parrots to play with? Show pictures of parrots with toys.

Re: Safe Toys?

Postby Scarpath » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:17 pm

It was the traditional kinda type. What it had was this slit on top for the metal ring to go through to have it hang there and my bird got her toe stuck in it. Also I don't trust jingle bells either because the SAME GCC THAT GOT HER FOOT STUCK IN THE NORMAL BELL GOT HER BEAK STUCK IN THE JINGLE BELL!!! :shock: :o
We had to get some water to rub around her beak to make it slip out eaiser because we couldn't use our butter because it has lots of bad stuff for birds in it. I put the toy back in the cage now and the birds don't pay much attention to it and they will chew on it sometimes but they haven't really gone near it at all.
I think I might go back and get a refund on it.
There are lots of thing that are so called 'bird friendly' but it's really not. Take Kili and Truman's aviary for example. He had to make all the modifications to make it bird safe.
The world is just a big fat lier trying to get money. :P
Sorry for the late answer everybody! My sister broke our laptop and we had to wait to have it fixed! :o
How can I be in two places at once, unless I were a bird?
Boyle Roche

Elphaba- :gcc:
Glinda- :gcc:
Marina- :mrgreen:
Scarpath
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: 2 Green-cheeked conures.
Flight: No

Previous

Return to Toys, Accessories, and DIY