Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Telepathic African Grey

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Re: Telepathic African Grey

Postby ParrotsForLife » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:27 pm

Pajarita wrote::lol:
Bird woman wrote:Sitting on my hands again!!!! :lol:

:lol: :lol: Welcome to the club! We all end up having to 'sit on our hands' with some of Brandon's replies.

I must be quite the entertainer :lol:
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA
Flight: Yes

Postby seagoatdeb » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:53 pm

I believe Brandon is talking about the new age spiritual movement who use the word chakra a lot in their writings. But when talking about the energy field of humans and the energy vortexes in the energy field, these energy fields go by many names in different traditions and ancient texts. He is talking about the third eye chakra and certainly he can talk about something that has always existed and many people can see and feel as well withouth knowing all the roots of one traditions word to call them or have to look into them right now. Its just his opinion based on his experience anyway, just like all of us. How much is he supposed to know by 16 anyway? We are all going to have our own ideas about parrots and their telepathy and that is what I thought was what this post was about. if you act condescending to someone they will respond back in kind. If you cant speak to a 16 year old without being condescending then maybe you should sit on your hands.
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Red Belly Poicephalus and a Meyers Poicephalus

Postby Wolf » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:00 am

While I did not see that I was being condescending when I replied to Brandon saying that he knew all about the chakras, perhaps I was. How much could a 16 year old know? I don't know, I think that it depends on how much they are interested in a thing as I have seen 16 year olds that know more about some things than I do. I do hope that if he has much interest in this that he will take the time to research it in more depth. Thank you for your thoughts about this seagoatdeb.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby Bird woman » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:26 am

Well I'm not sitting on my hands NOW! Have you ever had a fly buzzing you and you try real hard to get away from it but where ever you move too it seems to be right there , in your face ? Every subject every new thread every post no mater where you go you can't shake it. know it all, smart ass answers , a jab here a jab there no matter who's posting or trying to respond. Belittling newbies , just a plain dam know it all. You can be the champion seagoatdeb but I've been run off this site , had my fill. B.W. :violin:
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Pajarita » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:51 am

Seagoatdeb, I take exception to your posting. I am not offended by it but I do believe you are quite out of line dressing down other posters in a public forum. Besides, I think it's unfair of you because, after re-reading all the postings I could not find a single instance where anybody was condescending to him. 'Sitting on our hands' has nothing to do with condescension, it has to do with 'keeping the peace' due to the way he reacts when people don't agree with him 100%, question or correct him. Personally, I think that our treating a 16 year old with kid gloves and your rushing to defend him are both a mistake because, at his age, he needs to be able to have a conversation/discussion and resolve conflict, if needed, on his own. Plus, given the fact that he does not ever admit to not knowing anything and going by his questionable comprehension of subjects in the past, our coddling him this way is not doing him or his birds any favors. Admitting our ignorance is the first step to a better education - if you think you already know everything, why bother learning?!

And, the New Age Movement is a religion. The followers in the 70's resented anybody calling it that because they were against organized religion but the definition fits because, although it is a hodge-podge mixed bag of Eastern theologies with no formal anything, all the different 'versions' are based on the same two precepts: Evolutionary God and Global Unity. I had a friend in Washington DC back in the early 70's who was a follower -she also believed in the Ouija Board, Tarot, ghosts, demons and all kinds of stuff. And I am talking hard-core, too! She even attended Georgetown University courses in Demonology and Exorcism and her professor was one of the Catholic priests that were consulted for "The Exorcist" movie - how cool is that?!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:30 pm

Bird woman wrote:Well I'm not sitting on my hands NOW! Have you ever had a fly buzzing you and you try real hard to get away from it but where ever you move too it seems to be right there , in your face ? Every subject every new thread every post no mater where you go you can't shake it. know it all, smart ass answers , a jab here a jab there no matter who's posting or trying to respond. Belittling newbies , just a plain dam know it all. You can be the champion seagoatdeb but I've been run off this site , had my fill. B.W. :violin:

I hope your not talking about me cause believe me your very much wrong
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:32 pm

Pajarita wrote:Seagoatdeb, I take exception to your posting. I am not offended by it but I do believe you are quite out of line dressing down other posters in a public forum. Besides, I think it's unfair of you because, after re-reading all the postings I could not find a single instance where anybody was condescending to him. 'Sitting on our hands' has nothing to do with condescension, it has to do with 'keeping the peace' due to the way he reacts when people don't agree with him 100%, question or correct him. Personally, I think that our treating a 16 year old with kid gloves and your rushing to defend him are both a mistake because, at his age, he needs to be able to have a conversation/discussion and resolve conflict, if needed, on his own. Plus, given the fact that he does not ever admit to not knowing anything and going by his questionable comprehension of subjects in the past, our coddling him this way is not doing him or his birds any favors. Admitting our ignorance is the first step to a better education - if you think you already know everything, why bother learning?!

And, the New Age Movement is a religion. The followers in the 70's resented anybody calling it that because they were against organized religion but the definition fits because, although it is a hodge-podge mixed bag of Eastern theologies with no formal anything, all the different 'versions' are based on the same two precepts: Evolutionary God and Global Unity. I had a friend in Washington DC back in the early 70's who was a follower -she also believed in the Ouija Board, Tarot, ghosts, demons and all kinds of stuff. And I am talking hard-core, too! She even attended Georgetown University courses in Demonology and Exorcism and her professor was one of the Catholic priests that were consulted for "The Exorcist" movie - how cool is that?!

Yeah very funny Paj the thing is I can admit to being wrong but you cant, I don't need anyone to defend me, This is about telepathic greys and you all changed the SUBJECT
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby seagoatdeb » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:09 pm

Wolf wrote:While I did not see that I was being condescending when I replied to Brandon saying that he knew all about the chakras, perhaps I was. How much could a 16 year old know? I don't know, I think that it depends on how much they are interested in a thing as I have seen 16 year olds that know more about some things than I do. I do hope that if he has much interest in this that he will take the time to research it in more depth. Thank you for your thoughts about this seagoatdeb.

You are welcome, we live in such an artificial world when we are on the web, because we cant see the other person and we cant gauge where they are coming from as easily. I was not even following this thread, I have been really busy, but I was alerted by a friend who saw this when they were searching for anwers and sent me a link. If you go back and read everything, you see that we are all giving our viewpoints about telepathy and parrots. But when Brandon, says his coment about telepathy coming from the third eye, as his opinion about how telepathy works with people and parrots, he is given names and practices from a member here that he couldnt possbly know at 16 and that was condecending and I have had other people look at it that are not in this group so they could look at it with a fresh eye. Then people start to tell him he must study to learn more about a Hinduism.Then they continue on to tell him he is unbalanced and must study and wont listen to them on how he must study. Brandon has learned from his family and the books he has chosen to follow and may never decide to study Hinduism. it is up to him what he decides to study. Condescending is a very light word for what happened here. I am hoping that this chain will either get more positive or die out if it is pushing people buttons this much.
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Postby seagoatdeb » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:16 pm

Pajarita wrote:Seagoatdeb, I take exception to your posting. I am not offended by it but I do believe you are quite out of line dressing down other posters in a public forum. Besides, I think it's unfair of you because, after re-reading all the postings I could not find a single instance where anybody was condescending to him. 'Sitting on our hands' has nothing to do with condescension, it has to do with 'keeping the peace' due to the way he reacts when people don't agree with him 100%, question or correct him. Personally, I think that our treating a 16 year old with kid gloves and your rushing to defend him are both a mistake because, at his age, he needs to be able to have a conversation/discussion and resolve conflict, if needed, on his own. Plus, given the fact that he does not ever admit to not knowing anything and going by his questionable comprehension of subjects in the past, our coddling him this way is not doing him or his birds any favors. Admitting our ignorance is the first step to a better education - if you think you already know everything, why bother learning?!

Pajarita, it was not just you and it was not meant to offend anyone. No one has to study what you decide they should about Religion or Spirituality. You can study the telepathic field without ever studing Hinduism or any eastern thought. I am not saying you have to handle anyone with kid gloves, all I am saying is that you need not resort to being condescending or overbearing . that is really all I was comenting on.
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Postby seagoatdeb » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:25 pm

Bird woman wrote:Well I'm not sitting on my hands NOW! Have you ever had a fly buzzing you and you try real hard to get away from it but where ever you move too it seems to be right there , in your face ? Every subject every new thread every post no mater where you go you can't shake it. know it all, smart ass answers , a jab here a jab there no matter who's posting or trying to respond. Belittling newbies , just a plain dam know it all. You can be the champion seagoatdeb but I've been run off this site , had my fill. B.W. :violin:

I have had my fill many times, I am glad you are speaking up now. Many have been run off this site and we need to find better harmony here. I am not anyones Champion, its just that I had to say something when it crossed to far, and I appreciate your viewpoint.
seagoatdeb
African Grey

PreviousNext

Return to Parrot Tales