Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Scooter wrapped our pet-sitter around his little claw!

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Scooter wrapped our pet-sitter around his little claw!

Postby entrancedbymyGCC » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:02 pm

Whew! I will now confess that I was really worried about leaving Scooter with the pet-sitter coming in twice a day for a week, but he came through with flying colors. First I was in Hawaii for 5 days, but my husband was home to take care of everybody, then home for a night and then both of us were off to the desert for the better part of a week. Got home midday yesterday, really quite anxious about how Scooter had done. Our pet-sitter is quite good, but she had confessed that she and her partner had not been able to get him out regularly on the previous shorter visits and would be working harder to get him to trust them this time, as this was a longer trip and we have an even longer one coming up in August. I left them with a sheet of pointers, and we also got him one of those bird-sitter DVDs, but I was feeling quite anxious.

When we got home yesterday, we found a long phone message from the pet sitter detailing how much fun she had had with Scooter! She got him out twice a day and took him all around the house with her. She played pick up stuff off the floor for him and everything. She pronounced him a "delightful child" and the "bright point" of her day. Yay! I am feeling much better about our second venture into the desert now.

He seemed well and happy and quite glad to see us, but not too attention starved. I guess I shouldn't have been so concerned -- he did survive almost a year of living at Petsmart after all, and came out of that a cheerful chap! I'm kind of glad we took some trips early after we got him, though, as perhaps he will be able to accept that as part of the routine.

He's such a good little bird! Do they get any better?
Scooter :gcc:
Death Valley Scotty :cape:
entrancedbymyGCC
Cockatoo

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek Conure
(Un)Cape Parrot
Flight: No

Re: Scooter wrapped our pet-sitter around his little claw!

Postby pchela » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:02 pm

Nice! I'm so glad you will be able to travel now without the stress of leaving Scooter. Knowing somebody is taking good care of them makes it easier doesn't it? Happy things worked out for you.
"I bet the sparrow looks at the parrot and thinks, yes, you can talk, but LISTEN TO YOURSELF!" ~ Jack Handy ~ Deep Thoughts
pchela
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal -Pippin
Red Belly - Nicholas
Lesser Jardine's - Rupert
Timneh African Grey - Isabeau (Ibby)
Flight: Yes

Re: Scooter wrapped our pet-sitter around his little claw!

Postby MandyG » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:48 pm

That's great! You're lucky to have found a pet-sitter that gets along with him.
MandyG
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow Crowned Amazon
Flight: Yes

Return to Parrot Tales