Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

lorikeet playtime

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

lorikeet playtime

Postby TheNzJessie » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:19 am

here is a quick video of my rainbow lorikeet Jango playing with a foot toy cradled in my arm, i was just heading out to work at the zoo so hence the uniform....(I know my top says the crocodile hunter i brought it in australia zoo) the zoo i work at dont make my size!)
hope u find jango as entertaining as i do, i know i dont show it in the video its 5:30 am.......
you can also see qwil in his cage waiting paitenly on his perch to come out
Qwil-:budgie:
Jango-:rainbow:
Jessie-ME
:)
TheNzJessie
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Rainbow lorikeet
Budgie
Flight: Yes

Re: lorikeet playtime

Postby Azure Hanyo » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:36 am

I love it!!! :) He is so cute!
Azure Hanyo
Amazon

Postby TheNzJessie » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:23 pm

whats your black-headed caique like? i have always looked at them and thought they look stunning but i actually no nothing about them!
Qwil-:budgie:
Jango-:rainbow:
Jessie-ME
:)
TheNzJessie
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Rainbow lorikeet
Budgie

Postby Azure Hanyo » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:48 pm

TheNzJessie wrote:whats your black-headed caique like? i have always looked at them and thought they look stunning but i actually no nothing about them!

My Gal is a special case, when I got her she was mean, mean MEAN. Most caiques by species are very outgoing, friendly, clownish birds that love to play. Her personality has lately begun to reflect that! She has become a real sweetie (although pretty much exclusively with me), and loves to chase crinkle balls and hops around after my cell phone. They do have a tendency to be bird-on-bird aggressive, though, and are birds that try to be dominant. If they bite and you show fear they WILL be mean to you and do it again and again- Gal bit my husband the first time he tried to get her to step up, and he pulled back. Big mistake. She started to bully him and bite whenever he came around, but we are working on it and she tolerates him to the point where he can occasionally scritch her neck. I make sure that when he's home and she wants or deserves a treat, HE gives it to her. It has made a big difference in their dynamic.

BHCs aren't particularly gifted talkers by species, but Gal does say a few words, laughs, and can almost perfectly mimic a crying baby. Oh! And she is a great whistler. And she likes to be babied and gets jealous veeeery easily.
Azure Hanyo
Amazon

Return to Parrot Tales