Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Cheney Bird plays with everything.. except his toys.

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Re: Cheney Bird plays with everything.. except his toys.

Postby entrancedbymyGCC » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:26 pm

I think he's related to Scooter! Seriously, your tactical error is that you are trying to get him to play with the toy. Any bird worth his salt knows that YOUR toys are better than HIS toys. Try playing with the toy yourself and not letting him have it!

Scooter likes toys that rattle. He loves pill bottles, so I finally gave him an empty one with some beads that he can throw around. He likes it best when I pretend they are really my pills and he's being naughty to get it. When I put it in his "toy box" it isn't nearly as much fun.
Scooter :gcc:
Death Valley Scotty :cape:
entrancedbymyGCC
Cockatoo

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek Conure
(Un)Cape Parrot
Flight: No

Postby liz » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:44 pm

Rambo has them all beat. I went to Las Vegas for a week and when I got back the toilet brush was laying on the floor and the holder was in tiny little pieces.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy
Flight: Yes

Postby kaylayuh » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:04 pm

entrancedbymyGCC wrote:I think he's related to Scooter! Seriously, your tactical error is that you are trying to get him to play with the toy. Any bird worth his salt knows that YOUR toys are better than HIS toys. Try playing with the toy yourself and not letting him have it!

Scooter likes toys that rattle. He loves pill bottles, so I finally gave him an empty one with some beads that he can throw around. He likes it best when I pretend they are really my pills and he's being naughty to get it. When I put it in his "toy box" it isn't nearly as much fun.

I think the real issue is that Pigpen hasn't tried to play with that particular toy yet. As soon as she puts her beak on something, he is right there trying to get it from her. Little No Name, on the other hand, ignores them both and likes to play by himself.
"Mockingbirds don't do one thing but make music for us to enjoy. They don't do one thing but sing their hearts out for us. That's why it's a sin to kill a mockingbird."
- Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
kaylayuh
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: 2 Budgies
1 Green Cheek Conure
Flight: Yes

Previous

Return to Parrot Tales