Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

What Nicknames Do You Have For Your Parrots?

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

What Nicknames Do You Have For Your Parrots?

Postby Vicki5280 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:02 pm

Just for fun :D Share the nicknames you have for parrots and how the names came about, or tell us if you don't have any. Be sure to mention the kind of parrot it is in the story, it makes it easier for us newbies to follow. ;)
Bucky - Quaker :monk:
JJ - Turquoise GCC Image
Vicki - Me! :dancing2:
Vicki5280
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Quaker, Greencheek Conure, Lovebird
Flight: No

Re: What Nicknames Do You Have For Your Parrots?

Postby Vicki5280 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:23 pm

Bucky is a Quaker. For the most part, I call him by his name, but on occasion I'll call him "Pickle," "My Little Green Man," "My Favorite Martian," and "Robin Hood."

What's funny is that while they all have a connection to his color, the only one that I consciously used with was the Little Green Man name. Because he's really my first bird, he's sometimes a little like an alien life form, and with him being green ... it just made sense! The Little Green Man led to My Favorite Martian (from an old TV show, for anyone who isn't familiar with American TV). I don't really use that one a whole lot.

When my kids were babies and would cry, my mom would always pick them up and say in her sweet voice, "What's the deal, Pickle?" (deal pickle = dill pickle, get it?) So when Bucky starts squawking, I started asking him the same question. The Pickle name kind-of stuck too! After I used it for a while, I realized it too fit because he is green.

And Robin Hood? Bucky's a thief! AND both Robin and Bucky dress in green (according to Walt Disney ;) )

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :P

PS. My husband calls him Buckles. I don't know why, and I think it's dumb. But that's just one girls opinion! :?
Bucky - Quaker :monk:
JJ - Turquoise GCC Image
Vicki - Me! :dancing2:
Vicki5280
Conure

Types of Birds Owned: Quaker, Greencheek Conure, Lovebird

Postby Michael » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:28 pm

Trum & Kilard :lol:
Michael
Macaw

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw
Flight: Yes

Postby kaylayuh » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:38 pm

Pigpen (budgie) was so named because she is almost obnoxiously messy. She kicks her food out of her food dish and onto the floor so she doesn't have to eat the parts she doesn't like. Her nicknames are Piglet, Piggy, Piggy Girl, and Little Piggy.

No Name (budgie) has no name because I couldn't find a name that fit him. When I initially got another bird, I wanted to stick with the Charlie Brown theme. I didn't like Linus for him and I didn't want to name him Woodstock because Woodstock was yellow and he's not. His nicknames are Little Guy, Little Birdie, and Cheepy-Cheepy. I mostly use "Cheepy Cheepy" when he's talking to himself in the mirror and I ask "Whatcha doin' Cheepy-Cheepy?"

Cheney Bird (GCC) came to me with the name of Q.T. Pie, and while he's certainly very cute, I couldn't bear that name. I couldn't bear the spelling and I couldn't hear myself calling him it. My boyfriend has a cat named Cheney and he's a little tyrant and always gets his way. We named Cheney Bird after the cat because Cheney Bird always gets his way. I routinely call him Chicken or Cuddlebug. I use Cuddlebug because he loves to be held and loved. I'm not sure where Chicken came from.
"Mockingbirds don't do one thing but make music for us to enjoy. They don't do one thing but sing their hearts out for us. That's why it's a sin to kill a mockingbird."
- Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
kaylayuh
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: 2 Budgies
1 Green Cheek Conure

Postby GlassOnion » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:16 pm

Apple often turns into APOL and A-POL.
Spice often turns into Spicey or Little Spicey.
Both of them often turn into Baby Bird.. :lol:
GlassOnion
African Grey

Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiels, Ruppell's Parorot

Postby Margaret » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:36 pm

Munchkins or Munsters generally.
Mango is often called: Presley :lol:
Margaret
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Budgies, Cockatiel

Postby patdbunny » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:55 pm

Drake Laurence (sun conure) - Ducky because drakes are ducks; Duck-a-ricious (duckalicious with an asian accent) because he likes sushi; Ducky-Chan same reason; Turducken because he's an ingredient in turducken; Duck Duck dunno why

Xavier (IRN) - "click" avier because the "X" is a click in some African dialects

Bubbles (parrotlet) - Loon, Nut, Nuttley, Psycho because she is (see thread on parrotlets - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5178) Bubbaloo; BUBBLES!! (in a high staccato) because it sounds crazy
Roz

There are in nature neither rewards nor punishments — there are only consequences. Robert G. Ingersoll
patdbunny
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: sun conure, parrotlet, cockatiel, african greys, eclectus, sun conures, jenday conures, indian ringnecks, parrotlets, bourkes.

Postby entrancedbymyGCC » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:36 pm

Scooter was supposed to BE a nickname, but he started calling himself "Scoo-scoo" before we picked out a name. So he's Scoo-coo, Scoo-bird, Scooter-bird, Boo-boo bird, Scooby.

Scotty is short for Death Valley Scotty. He doesn't say his name, but I think he's started saying mine! We call him Scott-scott, Scot-bot, Stinker, Play-bird (he can be quite rambunctious). I'm sure I'm forgetting some.
Scooter :gcc:
Death Valley Scotty :cape:
entrancedbymyGCC
Cockatoo

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek Conure
(Un)Cape Parrot

Postby zazanomore » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:49 pm

Einstein - Cockatiel
Baby, Babies, Bebe, Babes, Einey

Bonnie - Budgie
Bon Bons
Bonnie - :budgie2:
Clyde - :budgie:
Einstein - :greycockatiel:
Alyssa - :thumbsup:
zazanomore
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiels
Budgies

Postby sidech » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:58 pm

I call him " Gros vert " (Big green).
sidech
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Red Sided Eclectus

Next

Return to Parrot Tales