Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Makin new friends

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Makin new friends

Postby captwest » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:13 pm

I'm stuck here in Az ,working every day,I'm in a very small community, and evry PM i can here several amazons raising hell. I found the house with an outside avairy about a block away.On a sunday off i stopped by to intro myself and see if i couldn't get a birdie fix. The very nice lady lead me around back to meet 2 hen Yellow Napes named Jessie and Josie, (beleive that ?) They live with 4 or 5 CAGs , a pair of Suns and a Hahns. And then a fella i was working with ,local hire , invited me over to meet Charlie, a Green Cheek Amazon, so I've been making friends all over.Listening to Jessie and Josie sure make me homesick though.
captwest
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 40
Types of Birds Owned: Double Yellow Head,Yellow Nape,Orange Wing,and Panama Amazons ,Timneh African Greys, Quakers and Cockatiels
Flight: No

Re: Makin new friends

Postby patdbunny » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:31 pm

You have to be like a cat, start just hanging out at the bird lady's house. . . :lol:

So, what do you do that takes you to AZ all the time?
Roz

There are in nature neither rewards nor punishments — there are only consequences. Robert G. Ingersoll
patdbunny
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: sun conure, parrotlet, cockatiel, african greys, eclectus, sun conures, jenday conures, indian ringnecks, parrotlets, bourkes.

Postby Margaret » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:39 am

captwest wrote:The very nice lady lead me around back to meet 2 hen Yellow Napes named Jessie and Josie, (beleive that ?)

:lol: You just can't live without birds around anymore!
Margaret
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Budgies, Cockatiel
Flight: Yes

Postby captwest » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:57 am

Hey Roz, I work inspecting and re pairing steam turbines and generators ,mostly in power plants,AZ is one place i go every spring but i travel all over , i usually try to work 4/5 months a year and no more, however a normal work week is about 80-90 hrs.I've been here for 7weeks and have a couple more to go before i get to go home to Josie and the birds.
captwest
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 40
Types of Birds Owned: Double Yellow Head,Yellow Nape,Orange Wing,and Panama Amazons ,Timneh African Greys, Quakers and Cockatiels

Postby patdbunny » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:10 am

normal work week is about 80-90 hrs.
:shock:
I suppose it's worth it to only work 4/5 months, though. I would just die twice. Too bad it's not a job you can take a bird with you and say it's your "service animal" as defined under the ADA.
Roz

There are in nature neither rewards nor punishments — there are only consequences. Robert G. Ingersoll
patdbunny
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: sun conure, parrotlet, cockatiel, african greys, eclectus, sun conures, jenday conures, indian ringnecks, parrotlets, bourkes.

Return to Parrot Tales