Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Cockateil and Senegal: they meet at last

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Re: Cockateil and Senegal: they meet at last

Postby sora no tori » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:55 am

Here's an update on the Logan and Conrad situation:
Well, I didn't see this coming. Logan has always been very chill about everything. Nothing going on around him ever seemed to bug him as long as he was safe in his cage or on our shoulders. And while he loves to be pet and he loves scritches, he honestly always preferred to be in his cage. But ever since Conrad arrived, he's been a territorial, clingy little drama king. :o He screams when either me or my bf leave the room he's in, and he's constantly "claiming" everything, including: every individual perch in his cage, the cage itself, his travel cage, a desk fan, a laptop computer, a television set, and my bf :shock: :? And when Conrad is in the actually room, he gets all huffy and angry if we're Conrad is being held and he's not. He's jealous. Who knew? He sees us as his flock after all. Even more shocking, the other day the birds were both chilling on the bed. I was on it too. Suddenly, Logan charges at Conrad with his head down. I managed to scoop the little knuckle-head up before he reached the senegal, but man who knew he could be so possessive?

On Conrad's end, there's been no sign of territorial aggression. Anything I've seen him do (open beak thrusting) has only happened when Logan was trying to attack him. That being said, Conrad hasn't tried to retreat, which means Logan's threats are not working. I had sort of hoped Logan could use intimidation alone to instill a sense of seniority, but that probably won't happen unless he actual gets in a blow, which he won't because the subsequent fight will kill him. What Conrad has done in response to Logan is something I really should have seen coming: he's started to imitate his sounds. Now, when Logan started busting out his serenade, Conrad will contribute a note or two.

So far, so good. Wish me luck.
Image Conrad- Senegal
My shoulder is not complete unless a bird is resting there.
sora no tori
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal parrot
Flight: Yes

Re: Cockateil and Senegal: they meet at last

Postby liz » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:31 pm

I got :amazon2: Mytle in March or April I can't remember which. Myrtle loves :amazon: Rambo but he is acting like a 6 year old boy with his 2 year old sister. Always taking stuff and pushing her around.

This morning I saw them eating out of the same bowl but on opposite sides. Amazing! I didn't get my camera out fast enough.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy
Flight: Yes

Previous

Return to Parrot Tales