Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Finding a good home

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Finding a good home

Postby Bird woman » Sat May 13, 2017 6:59 am

ANYONE FROM OR AROUND NORFOLK NAVEL BASE IN VA. ? I have a man that has a bonded little LSC and grey he's looking for a home for. He's trying to place them with a rescue with no luck and apparently wants them to find a good home together. Anyone out there close and can help? BW. To far for me to do much good but to ask the forum.
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker
Flight: Yes

Re: Finding a good home

Postby Pajarita » Sat May 13, 2017 10:22 am

The too and the gray are bonded? Because, if they truly are, I could take them BUT they do have to be bonded to each other and not just used to each other's presence because I am not taking any more 'loose' birds that are going to upset the good dynamics I've finally got going over here... I am driving Pookey and the lovebirds to their new home tomorrow so there will be room for them in the dining room but they do have to be bonded, Patti.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Bird woman » Sat May 13, 2017 11:51 am

All I know is what I'm told to far to have my eyes on it myself are you close enough ? I'll e`mail the guy and then pm you with his number if it's all right. They supposibly have had these birds since 90's and are downsizing and retiring , go figure but I'll keep the judgment to myself . Both birds are very sweet , so they say. . BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Pajarita » Sat May 13, 2017 12:42 pm

I am in NJ so it's a few hours to Virginia but it depends on where in Virginia they are located (I used to work and live in VA with my first husband). Give the man my email address, I don't hear very well and old Virginians have the most Godawful accent to understand...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby liz » Sun May 14, 2017 6:39 am

Bless you, Pajarita.
I cannot take in another species though I do hurt when I know they need help.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Sun May 14, 2017 9:34 am

Thank you, Liz, but I don't think they will end up with me because, going by what the gentleman said on his email, they are looking for a different situation for them than what I can offer - but I'll still contact them.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby liz » Wed May 24, 2017 5:16 am

www.rescueme.org works in both directions. The birds you see in there are described by their human most of the time. Sometimes they also tell personality. You can tell who really loves these birds.
You can put the birds in rescueme with info on them then screen out the ones you don't think will be good for them.
I just went back to them to see if I can get a Lutino female. The whole thing between Shadow, Tommy and Tammy is out of hand. I hope a Lutino female will break it up.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Pajarita » Wed May 24, 2017 9:59 am

Why does it have to be a lutino, Liz?
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby liz » Thu May 25, 2017 5:52 am

The mess with adultery in my flock started when my Latino Sweetie died. I am hoping a yellow female will change things back.
I would not turn down any cockatiel who needs a home but really want a yellow female.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Pajarita » Thu May 25, 2017 10:49 am

Hmmm, it might be... I know that lovebird breeders often foster a split baby or a full mutation with parents of the same visual mutation they will want that baby to mate with but I don't know about tiels. But, of course, even if this isn't the case with tiels, it still can't hurt and if you are 'yearning' for a lutino, go for it! They are beautiful!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Next

Return to Introductions