Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Hello From India!! Need Help.!

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Re: Hello From India!! Need Help.!

Postby Wolf » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:57 pm

While I can't disagree with you about this, Pajarita, The only reason for it is if they are slow to transition to the better diet and need it to remain healthy until they make the transition. Sometime you do what you need to do even when it is not the best until you can do better.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie
Flight: Yes

Postby Pajarita » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:53 am

Yes, I agree but just a teeny, tiny bit of some lower protein seeds (like millet, for example) should be more than enough. In my personal experience, birds that eat a lot of fruit (and IRNs eat A LOT of it) are easier to transition to gloop. I don't know the reason why but that has always been my experience. My off-the-wall theory (ideas for which I have no scientific proof) is that it has something to do with the high content of moisture in it compared to pellets or dry seeds - I think it might be something that their body instinctively recognizes as the 'right wetness'.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby aliye01 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:39 am

Hi Guys,
Determining a parrot's age is challenging, except for Indian Ringnecks, which develop rings at around 3 years. For accurate sex identification, consider DNA testing, the most reliable and least invasive method, preferably by an avian vet friend. I must note that keeping these birds is against the law, intended to protect them in the wild. Whether it's right or wrong is a personal decision. My priority is ensuring the birds' well-being since returning them to the wild may be impractical. Could you provide details about their living conditions? Cage size, indoor/outdoor location, and their feeding schedule?
aliye01
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 16
Types of Birds Owned: cgvdedh cxfbcx xfgvc vdgv xgvxbv xvb xc fvsd sec dx sedr g nfcgh h ghf bfgfg cfggbf fgf ffdhnfrg

Previous

Return to Introductions