Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

New from Long Island, NY

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

New from Long Island, NY

Postby kellybird » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:42 pm

Hi my name is Kelly. I have been looking for a bird forum for a while. I currently own 5 birds, a greenwing, bluefront, 2 meyers parrots and a senegal. All my birds were unwanted at pet stores or I adopted years ago. My oldest is my meyers which I bought over 17 years ago. She now has just one leg from a raccoon attack years ago in my outside aviary which killed a few other beloved parrots of mine. My most recent is my greenwing which I adopted on craigslist in September. We just finished building a large indoor aviary for all my birds and would love to show you all some pictures, when I find out how to post them lol. I look forward to hearing your stories and I hope I won't bore you with mine ( It's hard to find others interested in boring bird talk)!!!! Talk to you all soon..I hope! Kelly
kellybird
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Greenwing Macaw, Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 Meyers Parrots, Senegal
Flight: Yes

Re: New from Long Island, NY

Postby Michael » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:19 pm

Welcome to the parrot forum. I don't think we'll find your stories boring and it's quite admirable that you take care of unwanted birds. Whereabouts in Long Island are you from? I'm in New York City and I've been considering starting an in person New York Parrot club but I need to make some more parrot contacts in the NY area so I could have enough support to get such a venture off the ground. :airmail:
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Postby kellybird » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:16 pm

Hi Michael, thanks for the warm welcome! I live in Suffolk County which is right in the center of Long Island. Its about an hour drive from the city!
kellybird
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Greenwing Macaw, Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 Meyers Parrots, Senegal

Postby Natacha » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:02 am

Hi and welcome to the forum!
Do you have any pictures of your birds to share? :)
My blog http://poiworld.blogspot.com/
Videos of my birds http://www.youtube.com/user/poicephaluslady
Piper ~ Lovebird
Shade ~ Senegal
Joey & Pixel ~ Red-bellied parrots
Petey & Zuri ~ Meyer's parrots
Léa ~ Cape parrot
Natacha
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 7
Types of Birds Owned: PF Lovebird, Senegal Parrot, Red-bellied Parrots, Meyer's Parrot, Cape Parrot

Postby MandyG » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:54 pm

Welcome! You're so lucky to be able to take in unwanted birds. Can't wait to hear all about your flock!
MandyG
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow Crowned Amazon

Return to Introductions