Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Hello From Central NY

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Hello From Central NY

Postby CryptTrollo » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:54 am

Hello Forum, from Central NY region. I have a 20 year old African Grey bird that I inherited from my uncle passing. His name is Joey. He's a great bird but very aggressive. Thanks for having the forum looking forward to everything on here.
CryptTrollo
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: 20 year old African Grey
Flight: Yes

Re: Hello From Central NY

Postby Pajarita » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:29 am

Hi, Crypt and Joey, welcome to the forum! I am always surprised when I hear of an aggressive gray because none of the six that were under my care were anything but sweet birds. My own Sophie (also 20, by the way) is one of the sweetest birds I've ever kept (and I've had hundreds under my care when I had the rescue).

Please allow us to help you with the problem and, if our help does not work and, eventually you can't handle him for whatever reason, please contact me because I would love to get a male for my female (I don't breed them!) and I have a lot of experience with aggressive birds. As a matter of fact, my husband was commenting yesterday how 'nice' Zeus Amazon is now - and he was a bloody terror when he first came, flying out to attack me and anybody who walked into the birdroom (mind you, the poor thing had reason to hate all humans as he had been punched by his previous owner whenever he bit).
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Introductions