Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Hello from Oregon

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Re: Hello from Oregon

Postby MandyG » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:56 am

Welcome! Your flock is absolutely beautiful! You're so lucky to be able to provide for all of those birds. I'm definitely jealous!
MandyG
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow Crowned Amazon
Flight: Yes

Postby rocky » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:26 pm

Thanks again everyone. 7 of the 11 are rehome or rescues--some having had excellent care, others not so much.

We are definitely at our limit space/time-wise, so it's unlikely the flock will be getting any bigger though we both are interested in other species such as Greenwing and Mini Macaws as well as Golden Conures.

Noise is definitely a problem. I just got a pair of 32-decibel, noise-attenuating headphones, and that's still not enough. Sometimes wish I had a sound booth. Other times noise is fun, and I join in.

Agi our Hawkhead had just gone through an especially difficult time hormonally. After a cage relocation in a corner next to a window, he appears to be much better and has returned to being an affectionate companion. It's nice to have our boy back.
rocky
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 11
Types of Birds Owned: Black-capped Conure
Blue & Gold Macaw
Blue-fronted Amazon
Blue-headed Pionus
Hawkhead
Timneh African Gray
Hahns Macaw
Hyacinth Macaw
Nanday Conure
Red-lored Amazon
Yellow-naped Amazon

Postby pchela » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:49 pm

I hand raised a Hawk Head and he was my favorite bird I ever raised! So much personality. I've never known an adult though and I hear they can be difficult and hormonal. I'm glad you have your sweet bird back!
"I bet the sparrow looks at the parrot and thinks, yes, you can talk, but LISTEN TO YOURSELF!" ~ Jack Handy ~ Deep Thoughts
pchela
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal -Pippin
Red Belly - Nicholas
Lesser Jardine's - Rupert
Timneh African Grey - Isabeau (Ibby)

Previous

Return to Introductions