Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

The newest new guy

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

The newest new guy

Postby VonSpliffington » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:18 am

Hi everyone I'm from the muskoka area and I joined in order to see if I can't get my wife a babby buggie as she is wanting one to bring her joy is there anyone who would know a reputable breeder may I please have the information so I can make a small dream come true for my wife. Thanks all :amazon:
VonSpliffington
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Types of Birds Owned: I don't currently own a bird, my grandma had buggies my whole time I lived with her and now my wife would like to try her hand at it.
Flight: No

Re: The newest new guy

Postby Pajarita » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:41 am

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, I cannot help you with finding a good budgie breeder but, in all honesty, it doesn't really matter how good the breeder is or even how old the bird is because budgies are aviary birds and do not do well when treated as a companion species - they need the company of other budgies to be happy and healthy and do not really bond with humans. So, although I do not know exactly what your wife's dream consists of, I am afraid that her expectation of a single budgie as a pet are not really practical. My recommendation to you is to adopt a bonded pair (or a male and a female separately) of budgies, get them a large, nice flight cage and learn all you can about how to feed them and care for them.

If your wife wants a companion parrot (the kind that would want to be with her, ride her shoulder, kiss her, etc), I would suggest she gets a GCC but ONLY if she is home all day long because these little birds need hours and hours of one-on-one.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Introductions