Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Long-Lost Macaws

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Long-Lost Macaws

Postby Ranko77 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:35 pm

Hello! My name is Ranko Petrovic and I am looking for my two long-lost macaws (blue and gold macaw and a ruby macaw). I am an avid bird and parrot aficionado. I am reaching out because I would like to find my birds. I realize that this is a tall order, but I cannot live with myself without trying. In 1991, I bought a small three-week old blue and gold macaw from a local breeder in Chicago (her name was Atha). She sold me a bird early (a bird that was still feeding) in order for me to complete the process so it could bond with me. The baby was a godsend and we bonded instantly. We looked forward to adding to our flock and soon enough, Atha called me saying that she had a green wing macaw that had a bit of a defect, so she asked if I would take the baby and give it a loving home. What defect? Well, you see, her incubator pooped out and the baby’s beak grew crooked. Nonetheless, we had them both for the better part of three years… and then I moved to Europe. We were not sure how long we would be there, so boarding was not an option and, at the time, re-homing them seemed to be the only feasible option. I found a local bird aficionado through my veterinarian (Midwest Bird and Exotic Animal Hospital) and he picked them up.

I moved back to the states four years later, but, in the move, we lost the gentleman’s number. I know he split the birds up and the Ruby macaw with the crooked beak was rehomed, but I am not sure to who… I know he started a breeding program with the blue and gold, but I thought I’d try to see if anyone had any information on the two loves of my life. I would love to find them and hear about how they are doing. If anyone knows anyone from the Chicagoland area that got a pair of macaws from a young teenager, please reach out. I’d love to hear about them. Again, I know this is a tall order, but I thought I’d try.

Thank you all for reading!
Ranko77
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Blue and Gold Macaw
Ruby (hybrid) Macaw
Flight: No

Re: Long-Lost Macaws

Postby Pajarita » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:50 pm

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, I cannot help you - I don't live anywhere near Chicago...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Introductions