Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Hello from Louisiana

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Re: Hello from Louisiana

Postby ChiNekio » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:08 pm

I was very vague for the reason that I shouldn't have to say what sad circumstances caused us to get rid of the macaws. People died and I came so close to it. I was in ICU for almost a month or over a month since I don't remember. I know I spent 7 1/2 weeks at a general hospital working my butt off to get as close as I could to normal again. I was in and out of therapies for at least the next 3 years. I hopefully will never have to attend physical therapy and even if I go there, I'll have my time for my birds and school work. I try to make the least out of my problems because I know I'm not the only one who has gone through all of this. Honestly, college isn't very difficult for me. I'm blessed with an ability of not worrying about things. Well, I've learned to adapt a no-worries life style. No matter what happens, I'll figure out a way to get what needs to be done done. (If that makes any sense at all.) In 2006, my mother started to have grand mal seizures with an unknown cause. They think she has a brain tumor, but no one knows. My kids are a cockatiel (Cheech) and a chihuahua (Penny).
on hiatus until further notice.
ChiNekio
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiel
Flight: No

Postby Azure Hanyo » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:49 pm

Yeah you guess it, removed this one too.
Last edited by Azure Hanyo on Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Azure Hanyo
Amazon

Flight: Yes

Postby ChiNekio » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:27 pm

I just find it odd that I would have to define sad circumstances. I know why there was a misunderstanding, but I said "Due to some sad circumstances, we had to give the macaws away." Then I added that they weren't receiving enough attention from us. It was in the birds' best interest to have another home with a loving family. Anyway, since this has caused so many problems. I'm going to shoot for a proper introduction...... (below)
Hello everyone! I'm Stephanie, but call me Steph or Stephy. I'm 22 years old and from a small town in Louisiana. I'm going to college online because I can't do college in person. In April of 2002, I gained a cockatiel and my mother invested into buying a male military macaw, but I can't seem to remember when she got the female. I was in middle school then. My brother graduated high school in 2004 and immediately went into a local university. In May 2005, I got into a horrible car accident. My brother died, and I was to spend the entire summer at a hospital in critical condition. I had a stroke and shattered almost my entire face. I remember ICU a little. I was finally sent home in July the same year and began physical therapy at a local hospital. I started homebound for high school until they failed me two years so I dropped out. I asked my grandmother to take care of my cockatiel for me until I was well enough to take my bird back. (She was already taking care of my brother's cat since his move for university. Don't worry, the cat was never allowed in the same room as my bird.) The macaws started to become more of a problem because I was constantly in and out of hospitals. I volunteered that I'd devote most of my time to taking care of all the birds, but she told me I wouldn't have the money to buy the food. Speaking of money, it was quite funny that she took my entire check then complained to me that she didn't have enough money. I graduated from physical therapy and got a GED in 2006. I began college immediately. That year in May which seems to be a very wonderful month for me [/sarcasm], my mom started to have grand mal seizures. She also was going through another divorce. Her mind must have literally snapped. She became more abusive toward me. We got into weekly fist fights (I only tried to defend myself) and I'm blamed for when she was so messed up on her medicine that she broke her nose. I never really cared about the fights with her because I could still put up a very good fight. Some 3 colleges/universities later, I decided online was the best for me since I was also needing to take care of my mother. I'm still relying on people to bring me places because I cannot drive. I'm waiting for the panic attacks to go away of being in a car in traffic. Anyway, I'm looking into getting another bird probably a conure. I've fallen in love with a blue crowned conure at a local pet store. I moved out of my mother's house last year and we barely talk, but it's a healthier relationship than before. Anyway, here's a brief history of birds I have owned by only species: finch, cockatiel, parakeet, and military macaw. I haven't been able to own many at all, but I fell in love with birds a while back. I never try to give away any animal I get because I have to research the animal first. I have had an unfortunate amount of dogs since I use to live near a high way. My most recent dog that has disappeared was stolen from me by a family member. It would appear that my father is no better than my mom, but let's save that to the note of very interesting cases that I won't bore you with. I have been told by a friend that if I were to get another bird, I couldn't put them in the same room. Her Mom lost a conure that way. I will not get another bird until I have my own house or at least a decent place to stay.
That's it for my try at a not so vague introduction. I'm a 22 year old disabled college student with a lot of drama that I'm sure everyone has to deal with.
ChiNekio
Parakeet

Postby Azure Hanyo » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:29 am

Um I get it already, ok? I'm not perfect and nor is anyone else, we made a mistake. I have already apologized. I get it. You don't have to drive it into the ground.

You know maybe I shouldn't have even bothered apologizing to you or explaining myself, because you are obviously just wanting to make everyone feel like worthless scum by just adding on and on and on and being snide after every single thing I say in an attempt to remedy MY SCREW UP and be nice. What else do you want me to do, go back in time and never answer you at all? 'cause I can't do that. Good grief!!!!!

Edit: There you go. I am no longer human and am the newest time-traveler.
Azure Hanyo
Amazon

Postby ChiNekio » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:29 pm

Hey you.

I'm not trying to put the blame on anyone. I made a mistake and I wasn't clear so I wanted to give a try at a proper introduction, but you're right. I should have never bothered to give it a try. I defended myself and gave a new introduction. I wasn't hitting at anyone for doing wrong because I'm the one that did wrong by giving a very hazy introduction.
Anyway, forget it. It wasn't that important anyway. This is just a site. A file loaded with html and I'm not going to get upset about it. You shouldn't either. Mistakes happen. It's a part of life. I'm sorry that I got upset and defended myself like someone actually hurt me. It's just little words on a computer. I know who I am and that should be enough.

Thanks for your time though.
ChiNekio
Parakeet

Postby karcar » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:37 pm

I don't think anyone here meant you any disrespect. This is a PARROT Forum and therefore everyone's first concern is for the parrot. I personally would not be interested in joining a Parrot Forum where the parrots were not.
Karen
karcar
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: congo grey, timneh grey, Yellow naped amazon, half moon conure, english budgie

Postby Azure Hanyo » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:27 am

I like this emoticon the most. :danicing:
Azure Hanyo
Amazon

Postby captwest » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:47 am

Hey , it looks like you have a unique situation and the right bird would benefit your and it's life, please do your homework ( it seems that you are ) Maybe fostering a rescue bird from the many rescue places would be an option if you have the time and patience, just food for thought. Richard
captwest
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 40
Types of Birds Owned: Double Yellow Head,Yellow Nape,Orange Wing,and Panama Amazons ,Timneh African Greys, Quakers and Cockatiels

Postby pchela » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:51 pm

Sheesh! How did I miss this entire thread?

Azure, your first comment you took away now makes my first comment seem silly as I am now appearing to agree with blank space! Thanks a lot. :P
"I bet the sparrow looks at the parrot and thinks, yes, you can talk, but LISTEN TO YOURSELF!" ~ Jack Handy ~ Deep Thoughts
pchela
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal -Pippin
Red Belly - Nicholas
Lesser Jardine's - Rupert
Timneh African Grey - Isabeau (Ibby)

Postby Azure Hanyo » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:53 pm

pchela wrote:Sheesh! How did I miss this entire thread?

Azure, your first comment you took away now makes my first comment seem silly as I am now appearing to agree with blank space! Thanks a lot. :P

I live to serve, my friend. :P
Azure Hanyo
Amazon

Previous

Return to Introductions