Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Belated Intro

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Belated Intro

Postby GooseBlossom » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:46 pm

I've been following this site for awhile now and have written replies, but I never properly introduced myself or my little boy. How rude of me. I apologize. Quincey GooseBlossom (aka Quince, Goose, Sweet Potato, etc - ya'll know how it is) is a 9 year-old blue peach-faced lovebird who I have had since he was a baby. He has always had the most pleasant expression and personality, positively irresistable. We reside in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, so we've lots of exposure to heat and humidity and not so much to cold and snow.
GooseBlossom
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Blue Peach-Faced Lovebird
Flight: Yes

Re: Belated Intro

Postby captwest » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:01 am

hey, glad to see another southern on here, the people on here are great but the yankees and canadians out number us(LOL) feel free to chime in. oh by the way, fix your avatar or your likely to here from micheal, we'd love to see your face and bird, Richard
captwest
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 40
Types of Birds Owned: Double Yellow Head,Yellow Nape,Orange Wing,and Panama Amazons ,Timneh African Greys, Quakers and Cockatiels
Flight: No

Postby pchela » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:42 pm

Hi and welcome!

I'm in Texas though not from here but that still counts as Southern right? I've seen a couple of other Texans on here too so maybe there is hope for a takeover!
"I bet the sparrow looks at the parrot and thinks, yes, you can talk, but LISTEN TO YOURSELF!" ~ Jack Handy ~ Deep Thoughts
pchela
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal -Pippin
Red Belly - Nicholas
Lesser Jardine's - Rupert
Timneh African Grey - Isabeau (Ibby)

Postby GooseBlossom » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:07 pm

Thank you for the welcomes! I am not originally from Louisiana, but since I'm here now, I'll count that as southern, and Texas too. So we have southern birds also but probably no southern accent chirps.

I'll work on our avatar this weekend. I have the directions that Michael posted. I really like ya'll's avatars. Your birds look very regal.
GooseBlossom
Cockatiel

Postby captwest » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:29 pm

Hey, My "jake" whistles Dixie {LOL}
captwest
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: Double Yellow Head,Yellow Nape,Orange Wing,and Panama Amazons ,Timneh African Greys, Quakers and Cockatiels

Postby GooseBlossom » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:35 pm

Are you serious? LOL Who taught him? Does he whistle the entire tune? LOL
GooseBlossom
Cockatiel

Postby skeetersunconure » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:46 pm

hey im Eva :)
Last edited by skeetersunconure on Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skeetersunconure
Poicephalus

Types of Birds Owned: sun conure

Postby captwest » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:52 pm

why sure nuf, oh and jake only whistles the firdt part but it's too cute, I'll have to get ya'll a video
captwest
Amazon

Postby GooseBlossom » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:09 pm

Yes. I hope more southerns identify where they are from. We should have an online map/globe with everyone's locations identified to see where everyone and their birds are.

I would love to see a video of Jake whistling Dixie! Did it require many training sessions? Do you have to have daily encores so he doesn't forget? Does he ever begin the tune on his own? LOL
GooseBlossom
Cockatiel

Postby captwest » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:20 pm

Jake is really a girl i've had her for 39 yrs, along with many other Amazons, i don't really "teach " her things she just picks up on things and i might renforce them, she's liable to sing or say anything at any time, she's quite the ham, she's also the light of my life, PS if you look close both of us show our age (LOL)
captwest
Amazon

Next

Return to Introductions