Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Hello there guys and gals, welsh newbie here!

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Hello there guys and gals, welsh newbie here!

Postby sunlover » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:40 pm

Hello there. I have a feeling I have joined this forum before but cant remember names or codes, but never mind lol
My name is Jayne I live in swansea Wales. 10 years ago I kept cockateils, and housed them in an outdoor aviary, we bred them for 5 seasons if my memory serves me correctly. Then my partner at that time and I separated, and the birds went with him, but neighbours nearby have cockateils and their calls made me miss my birds. So a year ago I bought a yellowsided green cheak conure called Phoenix, named before we found out on DNA test that he was indeed a beautiful lady. lol
However being a very clever conure, she figured out how to get out of her cage, and she flew away after a year of her love and cuddles. we miss her dearly.
Then, after a short time, I decided I was going to research my favourite bird, a sun conure and found breeders in Lancashire who could supply a beautiful handtam baby of 12 weeks. So we picked him up, and named him Jasper only to find him dead 2 days later. I broke my heart. ANd me being me, decided that day the only way was to find another, and to my surprise I found one in Swansea that very same night. I felt like Jasper had helped me find him. So now, we have a 10 month old sun conure, whom is hand shy. He is absolutely beautiful, and is bonding well with his new family, instead of being kept in a cage as was with his previous owner. He is getting more confident in us daily. and has accepted my hand finally, climbs on us and cuddles in, and likes to have belly tickles, all of which he wouldnt allow a few weeks ago when we brought him home. I watch him every day grow more beautiful as his adult plummage slowly appears. I am so glad he is with us, and also sorry for loosing our darling baby, Jasper, who i cried for, for a few weeks, and only in the last days have i naccepted he is no longer with us accept in spirit. I am sure Fawkes has filled my heart already, as he is such a delight to have a spart of our large family.
sunlover
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Sun conure
Flight: Yes

Re: Hello there guys and gals, welsh newbie here!

Postby sunlover » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:45 pm

just to add a few photoas of the birdas I have named.....
firstly here is Pheonix

here is our darling baby Jasper

and here is Our Fawkes

hope you enjoy the photos.

we are afamily of 7 human s(5kids and their parents)2 bichon dogs, and our Fawkes

lovely to be part of your forum
sunlover
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Sun conure
Flight: Yes

Return to Introductions