Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Trying Out My IP Camera

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Trying Out My IP Camera

Postby bmsweb » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:19 pm

Hi Guys, I have three new toys! New Ip Web Camera and Two New Green Cheek Conures!
This is the address for the webcam http://bmswebcam.dyndns.org:9001/
use the Login: visitor and leave the Password Blank
bmsweb
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiel, Green Cheek Conures
Flight: Yes

Re: Trying Out My IP Camera

Postby Michael » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:38 pm

Cool webcam.

But that cage looks awfully bare and awfully small for two birds like that :(
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Postby bmsweb » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:43 pm

Michael Cage is awfully small! and crappy in every way. We only picked them up late last night. I have ordered a New Cage for them already!! They will be living in luxury tomorrow morning or possibly tonight!! I will post some pictures and updates as I go.

Interestingly these birds are just over 12 months old and they are not even close to being tame. The Breeder said he would find it very hard to believe it would be possible to tame them . . I'm pretty confident it will happen very quickly. Will post updates.
bmsweb
Amazon

Postby HyperD » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:48 am

Nice birds and nice telescope :)

Are they full siblings?
HyperD
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: 1 Senegal

Postby bmsweb » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:36 am

According to the Breeder he said they aren't . . I have no way of knowing. They get their new cage tomorrow morning . . should be good. I imagine if all goes well they should be in it by the evening :)
bmsweb
Amazon

Postby Kathleen » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:51 am

How will you put them into the new cage? Towel? Lure?
Kathleen
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 2

Postby bmsweb » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:37 pm

Hi Kathleen,

I'm really not sure how I do this. I'm actually thinking of putting the male in the big cage and keep the female in the smaller cage just for another 24 hrs. I've tried to tame them using the same process as Michael and yourself use (same as what I did with Jazz, our Cockatiel), but as soon as one jumps, so does the other. I think I need to get them over that trust hump first. The additional variable of having two birds in the one cage is really working against me.

They are as aggressive as Jazz was when we first got him . . well except for the fact that they can bite even harder. So back to your question I could just bring the two cages together and see if one jumps in :)

The female actually flew out of the cage when I was taking a photo it wasn't too bad getting her back in again.

As you can see I'm rambling on here . . . so much work to do! I'm thinking of taking a week off work next week just to get these two guys under control.

Cheers
Paul
bmsweb
Amazon

Postby Kathleen » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:50 pm

These birds were parent raised I'm guessing? Have they bred before or were kept separately before?

If you intend to tame them, it should be easier to tame them separately. What is the extent of their aggression/fear toward you?
Kathleen
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 2

Postby bmsweb » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:25 pm

I'm not sure if they were parent raised, I'm hoping they were. They were in a large cage where there were 6 youngish pairs, some of which were already breeding and some weren't. We picked this pair based on their physical condition and according to the breeder they haven't breed yet. The birds had already paired off and they were a pair.

I also picked up a breeding box from them along with a whole heap of other things including a Book on Conures (which I paid almost double the price!).

There aggression is 100% natural, they are afraid and if you hold catch them and try to hold them, they will bite! I have special light leather gloves that I used and it still hurts like hell when they bite but they can't break skin. I would say is purely fear and that's all.

In all honesty based on their reaction when I put my hand in the cage, they are frighten and just try to get away. I know Jazz our Cockatiel would stand his ground and hiss at me with his wings out.

I'M ALL EXCITED . . The cage has been delivered!! Time to get the tools out :)

I've switched on the IP Cam so I can keep an eye on the conures while my son and I put together the cage :)

Cheers
Paul
bmsweb
Amazon

Postby bmsweb » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:44 pm

The Cage is assembled!!!! Going to the local pet supplier to buy some goodies for it :)
Attachments
IMG_0068Edit.jpg
IMG_0068Edit.jpg (40.42 KiB) Viewed 7682 times
bmsweb
Amazon

Next

Return to General & Off Topic