Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Mouse-Bird Problem!

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: Mouse-Bird Problem!

Postby Kim S » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:38 am

I have quails and I have never seen them attack mice, let allone kill them :?
Kika: Senegal Parrot.
Guus: Cockatiel, Yellowcheek, cinnamon, pearl, pied.
Kim S
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal (1)
Flight: Yes

Postby Titanius » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:40 pm

captwest wrote:i know of a lady with outside aviary who keeps Quail becuase they kill the mice , she has hundreds of parrots and seems to know what she's talking about, they also clean up under the cages and help with other bug problems.Another lady i meet in Tx. had bantam chickens in her outdoor aviary for the same purpose.Me i keep my many birds inside and battle with mice all the time,being a clean freak heips but so has releasing corn snakes around the house.

I'm personally so afraid of snakes how do visitors react? Aren't you ever afraid they get somewhere and start breeding ? That's such a different idea .
Titanius
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiel
Flight: Yes

Postby captwest » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:38 pm

Don't have mANY VISITORSHERE IN THE BOONIES, CORN SNAKES ARE HARMLESS AND PRETTY COOL, the big Canebreak Rattlers are a different story , but the dogs usually let me know when them and the bears show up. (LOL)
captwest
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 40
Types of Birds Owned: Double Yellow Head,Yellow Nape,Orange Wing,and Panama Amazons ,Timneh African Greys, Quakers and Cockatiels
Flight: No

Previous

Return to General & Off Topic