Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

I may be getting a Timneh

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: I may be getting a Timneh

Postby zazanomore » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:27 pm

Greys are so majestic...keep us posted!
Bonnie - :budgie2:
Clyde - :budgie:
Einstein - :greycockatiel:
Alyssa - :thumbsup:
zazanomore
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiels
Budgies
Flight: Yes

Postby Jenny » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:39 am

pchela wrote:It sounds like this bird just needs a steady, permanent home and she needs it before her she begins to become either cage bound or wary of humans from being either neglected or passed around too much.

oh, I know it's not fair of me to encourage you to save her, but, but...
Jenny
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: cockatiel
white-capped pionus

Postby pchela » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:52 pm

Jenny wrote:
pchela wrote:It sounds like this bird just needs a steady, permanent home and she needs it before her she begins to become either cage bound or wary of humans from being either neglected or passed around too much.

oh, I know it's not fair of me to encourage you to save her, but, but...

Well in that case... don't you need a sweet little Timneh Grey? :P

At this point, the decision is solely based on our money situation especially with xmas and my daughters bday coming up... but I hope it works out!
"I bet the sparrow looks at the parrot and thinks, yes, you can talk, but LISTEN TO YOURSELF!" ~ Jack Handy ~ Deep Thoughts
pchela
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal -Pippin
Red Belly - Nicholas
Lesser Jardine's - Rupert
Timneh African Grey - Isabeau (Ibby)

Postby Jenny » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:26 pm

omg, are you kidding - I'd love to have her, & don't think for one minute that it didn't cross my mind when you said the rehoming fee was reasonable!! But I know you've said you've always wanted a grey, & my expenses are pretty tight too. Never mind the fact that I'm such a newbie w/birds. I think Aaron & I are doing well (& I'm becoming ridiculously attached to him), but I don't think a cockatiel compares to a grey.

I think it was ptuga that included a link to a Pamela Clark article recently about second-hand parrots that was really encouraging. I've felt for a while now that if (who's kidding whom?? it's a "when") I get a bird after Aaron, I want to go out to the Wings of Love bird haven & adopt one of their birds. Of course, that's assuming my application would be accepted. They might not consider one cockatiel enough experience to then adopt a second-hand bird. But anyway, I'm rambling.

So how did you get word that this lady had Tara available?
Jenny
Poicephalus

white-capped pionus

Postby a.susz » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:28 pm

i personally like the timnehs more than the congos, all the ones ive met have been sweet as pie... ;) keep us updated!!
-Annaleza- and--
Peanut , the sennie
Baby, the red belly
Odin, the bronze wing pi
Loki, the bronze wing pi our new addition :)
http://www.annaleza.blogspot.com
a.susz
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal, Red Belly, Bronze Wing Pionus x2

Postby pchela » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:07 pm

A. susz - I agree. The timmys are so sweet and very cute. The congos may be "prettier" but Timnehs win on cuteness.

Jenny - I found out about her on one of the bird boards I visit. Most of them have rehome sections. I posted the info about her on the message boards of the Austin Parrot Society website. Check it out. You have to sign up for an account if you haven't already. http://www.meetup.com/austinparrotsociety/

It's not for sure that we can get her so... you know... she might just be available for you... :mrgreen:
"I bet the sparrow looks at the parrot and thinks, yes, you can talk, but LISTEN TO YOURSELF!" ~ Jack Handy ~ Deep Thoughts
pchela
African Grey

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal -Pippin
Red Belly - Nicholas
Lesser Jardine's - Rupert
Timneh African Grey - Isabeau (Ibby)

Postby lzver » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:08 pm

I hope it all works out for you :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Laura's Bird World Blog - http://laurasbirdworld.blogspot.com/
Jessie - Senegal
Lucy - Red Bellied
Kylie - Meyers
lzver
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: 1 Senegal; 1 Red-Bellied; 1 Meyers

Postby captwest » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:17 pm

Hey Pchela, what's the word? did you bring her home yet? Still working on the old man? don't worry he'll cave. Hope it all works out, I'm supposed to pick up a pair of Timnehs Friday, rescrues i'm afraid, that and acouple of other birds, maybe we'll have notes to compare.
captwest
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 40
Types of Birds Owned: Double Yellow Head,Yellow Nape,Orange Wing,and Panama Amazons ,Timneh African Greys, Quakers and Cockatiels
Flight: No

Postby Jenny » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:38 pm

hey captwest, I think it sounds as though you need a full time employee to help w/all your birds. ;)

I just want to say that if you ever decide to go that route & would pay handsomely, I'd be more than happy to move to your much-loved neck of the woods to fill that need... :lol:

seriously though, how do you function w/all those birds??
Jenny
Poicephalus

white-capped pionus

Postby captwest » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:58 pm

It's a full time job!!!! But mostly my wife Josie, she's a say at home bird caretakerofher, really it's all day every day and she rarely goes anywhere, i work, sometimes out of town, and try to pay the bills but Josie has her plate full. i wish i could hire someone to help and one day will have to, tomorrow we picking up a pair of TAGs, pair of YNs and a pair of Quakers that a friend has to sell to keep from losing her home, the price was right and Josie said do it, there's a pair of Scarlet Macaws but i really don't have a place fixed up for them, If you get bored and need a vacation come on down, you can get all the birdie time you can stand!!!LOL OWA babies begging to be fed now, later Richard
captwest
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 40
Types of Birds Owned: Double Yellow Head,Yellow Nape,Orange Wing,and Panama Amazons ,Timneh African Greys, Quakers and Cockatiels
Flight: No

PreviousNext

Return to General & Off Topic