Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Introducing...

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: Introducing...

Postby zazanomore » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:47 pm

Cattle look like they can be sweet, but I don't think they have a lot of brains in there

I resent that statement. I grew up on a dairy farm, and have spent a lot of time around cattle. I've come to respect them, as people respect horses.

We rent land off of a couple, and they have an unaltered bull. He is the sweetest thing. Whenever I need to go into the pen to get water, he comes up to me and demands a head scratch. The owners can't bring themselves to slaughter him, because he's just too friendly.

However, getting into a pen with a breeder bull is kind of stupid.
Bonnie - :budgie2:
Clyde - :budgie:
Einstein - :greycockatiel:
Alyssa - :thumbsup:
zazanomore
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiels
Budgies
Flight: Yes

Postby patdbunny » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:03 pm

I resent that statement.

Oh, hey! I don't mean to offend you. :(

Lack of brains doesn't necessarily mean I don't respect the animal. Sometimes I like the animals missing a few IQ points better. They are all unique and deserving of admiration despite intelligence and other qualities. I love my chickens and chickens are known to be not the brightest bulbs in the factory.

Know what I mean?
Roz

There are in nature neither rewards nor punishments — there are only consequences. Robert G. Ingersoll
patdbunny
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: sun conure, parrotlet, cockatiel, african greys, eclectus, sun conures, jenday conures, indian ringnecks, parrotlets, bourkes.
Flight: No

Postby Vicki5280 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:12 pm

kaylayuh wrote:The smell of formaldehyde made me so hungry. I was so freaked out by it that I refused to eat anything for the rest of the day. I thought there was something wrong with me! I ended up asking my A&P teacher whether that was normal or not, and apparently it is really common.

Seriously? That's CRAZY! I've never heard of anything like that! I wonder what the physiology behind that is....? (I'm SUCH a nurse! LOL!)
Bucky - Quaker :monk:
JJ - Turquoise GCC Image
Vicki - Me! :dancing2:
Vicki5280
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Quaker, Greencheek Conure, Lovebird

Postby captwest » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:40 pm

My nephew has a cow named T-Bone.
captwest
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 40
Types of Birds Owned: Double Yellow Head,Yellow Nape,Orange Wing,and Panama Amazons ,Timneh African Greys, Quakers and Cockatiels

Postby kaylayuh » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:44 am

Vicki5280 wrote:Seriously? That's CRAZY! I've never heard of anything like that! I wonder what the physiology behind that is....? (I'm SUCH a nurse! LOL!)

Formaldahyde causes damage to the neurological system in large doses; however, in small doses the formaldahyde odor may cause hunger or excessive thirst or severe headaches.
"Mockingbirds don't do one thing but make music for us to enjoy. They don't do one thing but sing their hearts out for us. That's why it's a sin to kill a mockingbird."
- Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
kaylayuh
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: 2 Budgies
1 Green Cheek Conure
Flight: Yes

Previous

Return to General & Off Topic