Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Update on my feathery friends! :-)

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Update on my feathery friends! :-)

Postby Tandi » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:23 pm

Hello all,
I've been mia for a little while! Hope you are all good? And loving every day with your flocks. Thought I'd do a little update...

My Jodi (OWA) is so close to saying "hello", she makes a sound just like she is saying, now all she needs to do is form the word. She is such a hunny and has such a personality, I just love her to bits! She is, however, definitely my fiance's bird though. She loves to be with people, she hates being alone, and she loves to play, her favourite thing to do is to hang upside down from her cage or your clothes or your hand...pretty much anywhere really! She is molting at the moment, losing feathers everywhere, but I can feel the new quills coming through on her head and neck area. Beacuase of the molt she is looking a little scruffy, but I'm sure that once it is over she will look lovely again.

Little Jet (TAG) is just the cutest thing! Still on porridge, but eating his other food well too! I had stopped the porridge, but he didn't seem happy about it at all, so I have started it again, the finisher phase, and he only get's it once a day in the evenings, and I will slowly start fading it out so that when I do stop this time it won't be such an issue. He is such a little love bug and he loves to snuggle which is just so adorable! He will come to bed with me and snuggle into me and I absolutely love it. He is super smart and learns so quickly, he's learning faster than I remember Jodi learning (don't tell her I said that). He is into everything, and is very determined to get what he wants when he wants it...if he is on me when I'm on the couch I have to watch him because otherwise he'll be eating my food or drinking my drink. Another adorable thing he does...in the mornings I collect all the bowls and wash them out and do fresh food for them, and he climbs down his cage, gets onto the floor and walks to me in the kitchen...he thinks he is so clever.

The Grey's (CAG) living outside in the aviary haven't bred yet, but I am sure that they will in their own time! They are more settled and don't freak out when you approach the aviary. They make the most lovely sounds and whistles and calls, I love waking up to them in the mornings and listening to them in the evenings. They are such a gorgeous pair of birds!

Then, a few weeks ago my Mom bought another 2 pairs of birds...a pair of Mealy Rosellas and a pair of Indian Ringnecks (a sky blue male and a white female)...both pairs are about 2 years old and ready to breed (according to the guy she got them from) They are all really beautiful, but they can be a little noisy. I don't know much about these types of birds, so I am going to have to do some research. Is there a market for these birds if they have been hand-reared?

Sorry for the super long update! Hope you are all well! Chat soon!
Tandi, Jodi :amazon: and Jet
Tandi
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 8
Types of Birds Owned: Orange winged Amazon
Timneh African Grey
Congo African Grey's
Mealy Rosellas
Indian Ringnecks
Flight: No

Re: Update on my feathery friends! :-)

Postby zazanomore » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:19 pm

Welcome back!

Indian Ring Necks are a really common pet bird. They are great talkers, and are full of personality.

As for Rosellas, they are known to be more of an aviary bird. But they can be kept as pets. They may not be as friendly as cockatiels or conures, but they can make good pets.

At least that's what I've heard.
Bonnie - :budgie2:
Clyde - :budgie:
Einstein - :greycockatiel:
Alyssa - :thumbsup:
zazanomore
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiels
Budgies
Flight: Yes

Postby entrancedbymyGCC » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:38 pm

Wow, that's getting to be quite a flock! Thanks for the update... all it need is some photos!
Scooter :gcc:
Death Valley Scotty :cape:
entrancedbymyGCC
Cockatoo

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek Conure
(Un)Cape Parrot

Postby captwest » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:40 pm

Yes , photos please, welcome back.
captwest
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 40
Types of Birds Owned: Double Yellow Head,Yellow Nape,Orange Wing,and Panama Amazons ,Timneh African Greys, Quakers and Cockatiels

Return to General & Off Topic