Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Surprise! 4th Bird?

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: Surprise! 4th Bird?

Postby LyzGrace » Mon May 16, 2011 3:35 pm

kaylayuh wrote:I've been eyeing the 'tiel breeders around here and they don't have any of the mutations I'd like.

Good luck on your search!! I understand what an annoying combination of exciting/exhausting it is because I was there a few weeks ago, but I know you'll love whatever you decide to take home :) What kind of 'tiel mutations do you like?
LyzGrace
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Yoshi: Solomon Island Eclectus
Flight: Yes

Postby kaylayuh » Mon May 16, 2011 3:38 pm

LyzGrace wrote:
kaylayuh wrote:I've been eyeing the 'tiel breeders around here and they don't have any of the mutations I'd like.

Good luck on your search!! I understand what an annoying combination of exciting/exhausting it is because I was there a few weeks ago, but I know you'll love whatever you decide to take home :) What kind of 'tiel mutations do you like?

I really want a whiteface lutino male. I love the albino looking birds; I think they're so cute! No one around here has them available though. And the one breeder that does is having Giardia issues. I pop in her bird store every once in a while for toys or treats to see if any new babies have hatched yet, and she told me about it the last time I was there. I'm really not prepared to deal with sick babies, and she's the only breeder relatively close by.
"Mockingbirds don't do one thing but make music for us to enjoy. They don't do one thing but sing their hearts out for us. That's why it's a sin to kill a mockingbird."
- Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
kaylayuh
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: 2 Budgies
1 Green Cheek Conure

Postby zazanomore » Mon May 16, 2011 4:31 pm

Make sure to not just jump into getting another bird! Right after I got Einstein, I really wanted to get another tiel.

I'm still 'window' shopping for a fourth bird. But I'm also planning on working at an animal sanctuary in Ecuador within the next couple years, so I'll need to do some budgeting.
Bonnie - :budgie2:
Clyde - :budgie:
Einstein - :greycockatiel:
Alyssa - :thumbsup:
zazanomore
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiels
Budgies

Postby kaylayuh » Mon May 16, 2011 4:37 pm

zazanomore wrote:Make sure to not just jump into getting another bird! Right after I got Einstein, I really wanted to get another tiel.

I'm still 'window' shopping for a fourth bird. But I'm also planning on working at an animal sanctuary in Ecuador within the next couple years, so I'll need to do some budgeting.

Oh yeah, definitely. I'm worried if I do get this bird it will affect my relationship with the three I already have. But realistically, I know I could definitely provide enough attention and love for all four. At this point, whether I do get this girly or not, I'll probably be done for a while. At least until I move in with my boyfriend and he decides whether or not he wants to move closer to his parents.

I'm kind of going back and forth. If she is available, I'll take her and work with her and be committed to that relationship. But if she's not and the other people decide to keep her, I'll be done until after the move.
"Mockingbirds don't do one thing but make music for us to enjoy. They don't do one thing but sing their hearts out for us. That's why it's a sin to kill a mockingbird."
kaylayuh
Amazon

1 Green Cheek Conure

Postby Julsiebean » Mon May 16, 2011 5:18 pm

Aww sweet! Love birds are fun! Kokomo cracks us up. They are a riot to watch play! She is super sassy/bossy.
Julsiebean
Conure

Flight: No

Postby Julsiebean » Mon May 16, 2011 5:27 pm

I forgot to add I decided on a green cheek, or rather my husband said no to another cocktiel. Haha, talking with breeders now. Gonna get a baby this time. :hatching:
Julsiebean
Conure

Flight: No

Postby kaylayuh » Mon May 16, 2011 5:35 pm

Julsiebean wrote:I forgot to add I decided on a green cheek, or rather my husband said no to another cocktiel. Haha, talking with breeders now. Gonna get a baby this time. :hatching:

Aw, I'd love to have a baby some day. I'm happy with my "used" bird though.
kaylayuh
Amazon

1 Green Cheek Conure

Previous

Return to General & Off Topic