Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Anyone else having problems ?

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: Anyone else having problems ?

Postby Vicki5280 » Tue May 17, 2011 2:00 pm

patdbunny wrote:
I have no issues with you

com'on - let's just go outside and settle it the good ol' fashioned way and have a duel . . . or a brawl. :lol: :lol:
:dancing2: :dancing3: :pirate:

JUST THIS MORNING I was thinking that Michael needed to add a new section called "OUTSIDE" where threads could be sent that were getting too emotional to continue where they were! Rather than lock'em down, just send 'em outside where they belong!

It was funny to get on here just now and see you had had similar thoughts! GMTA! :D
Bucky - Quaker :monk:
JJ - Turquoise GCC Image
Vicki - Me! :dancing2:
Vicki5280
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Quaker, Greencheek Conure, Lovebird
Flight: No

Postby patdbunny » Tue May 17, 2011 2:18 pm

Ewe! This is getting a little creepy. I seem to be experiencing the Vulcan Mind Meld with some of you here. :? :lol: :lol:
Roz

There are in nature neither rewards nor punishments — there are only consequences. Robert G. Ingersoll
patdbunny
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: sun conure, parrotlet, cockatiel, african greys, eclectus, sun conures, jenday conures, indian ringnecks, parrotlets, bourkes.

Postby Julsiebean » Tue May 17, 2011 3:29 pm

I just came across a thread on the forum that has left me sick to my stomach, I'm beyond horrified and and questioning attaching my name to a forum with such behavior from administration. I've had a nice time and made friends here, but sometimes you have to stand on principle.

All the best to everyone here, your help and advice has been wonderful.
Julsiebean
Conure

Postby kaylayuh » Tue May 17, 2011 3:50 pm

Julsiebean wrote:I just came across a thread on the forum that has left me sick to my stomach, I'm beyond horrified and and questioning attaching my name to a forum with such behavior from administration. I've had a nice time and made friends here, but sometimes you have to stand on principle.

All the best to everyone here, your help and advice has been wonderful.

I think that's the same thread a lot of people are having issues with. Hope you stay!
"Mockingbirds don't do one thing but make music for us to enjoy. They don't do one thing but sing their hearts out for us. That's why it's a sin to kill a mockingbird."
- Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
kaylayuh
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: 2 Budgies
1 Green Cheek Conure
Flight: Yes

Postby Margaret » Tue May 17, 2011 3:53 pm

captwest wrote:I have no issues with you

How about me? ;)
I think everybody know where is the problem. I don't pay attention no more. Communism was like that: my way or no way or better: who is not with us is against us. I've been there.
You and Roz changed completely my point of view about parrots and I appreciate that. Now I try to always see two sides of coin.
Before you go anywhere else, please PM me address of a new place you'll stay, so I can read your posts. They are based on experience, not at blind sticking "my way is only right way".
Margaret
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Budgies, Cockatiel

Postby LyzGrace » Tue May 17, 2011 4:02 pm

I haven't scoured this, but I've been perusing http://www.talkparrots.com/forum.php the last few days and it seems pretty similar and not overwhelming with a million people and posts.

Julsiebean, we'll miss your posts, but I admire your stand and won't say I've come extremely close to doing the same thing. Keep in touch ;)
Last edited by LyzGrace on Tue May 17, 2011 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LyzGrace
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Yoshi: Solomon Island Eclectus

Postby GlassOnion » Tue May 17, 2011 4:29 pm

Oh gosh, I refuse to join a forum that is outright supportive in a newbie choosing a 'breed of cockatoo'.
GlassOnion
African Grey

Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiels, Ruppell's Parorot

Postby captwest » Tue May 17, 2011 4:40 pm

Julsiebean you have my number call me.
captwest
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 40
Types of Birds Owned: Double Yellow Head,Yellow Nape,Orange Wing,and Panama Amazons ,Timneh African Greys, Quakers and Cockatiels

Postby rebeccaturpeinen » Wed May 18, 2011 9:37 am

I cant believe where all of this is going!!

Yes everybody knows wich thread we are talking about... I for one really appreciated the discussion in it and the passion both sides were showing for their point of view.

Ofcourse it sucks that some people got offended but hey, maybe Michael got offended too. He was accused of almost starving and not caring very much for his birds but using them as props.

I still havent made up my mind about flight and clipping and all of that but people on both sides came with very good arguments. I dont understand why that cant just be accepted.

I hope no one leaves, I still think this is a very good forum with great information and I really appreciate hearing the different views. THAT is actually what makes it a good forum.
rebeccaturpeinen
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Crimson Rosella

Postby patdbunny » Wed May 18, 2011 10:39 am

Rebecca,
I don't think you're understanding the actual "distaste" of the thread. I think it's the words "lazy", "stupid" - words of that ilk being thrown about. If it were some random troll we can all roll our eyes and say whatever. But when it's the forum owner, it gives reason to pause, especially in light of the rules and "mission statement".

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2
"Disrespect, insults, and personal attacks will just reflect poorly on the poster."
"With freedom comes responsibility and we hope that our members will use their freedom in a mature manner that is beneficial to their bird and other owners. "

http://trainedparrot.com/about.php
"On September 30, 2009 Michael started theparrotforum as a place to answer questions from his youtube subscribers and to create an alternative safe place to discuss parrots without politics or favoritism. Michael was fed up with other over-moderated communities or places where members had to suck up to moderators or experts in order to get help." emphasis added.

I for one do not feel welcome to comment on certain matters as I don't have "real" parrots and I punish them by clipping their wings; regardless that I laid out my personal reasons for clipping.
Roz

There are in nature neither rewards nor punishments — there are only consequences. Robert G. Ingersoll
patdbunny
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: sun conure, parrotlet, cockatiel, african greys, eclectus, sun conures, jenday conures, indian ringnecks, parrotlets, bourkes.

PreviousNext

Return to General & Off Topic