Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Good nutritious diet for Senegals with little waste?

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

Re: Good nutritious diet for Senegals with little waste?

Postby Java » Wed May 12, 2010 4:48 am

Wow, I type medical records and hear of aspergillosis all the time, but didn't know it could come from peanuts. I will keep that in the back of my mind when ordering new food for Java.

I guess when I googled Higgins Fruit To Nuts, I came up with this page which says it has sunflower seeds, but I bet they are wrong on their description or this is not the feed you are referring to.

http://www.mybirdstore.com/HIGGINS-FRUI ... BAG_1.html

Specifications:
Ingredients: Safflower seed, black eyed peas, pumpkin seed, sunflower seed, coconut shavings, green peas, papaya, almonds, walnuts, cashews, pistachios, dried mango, dried pineapple, banana chips, cracked corn, dried apple, extruded pellets (ground corn, soybean meal, corn gluten meal, corn hominy, sugar beet pulp, dehydrated alfalfa meal, sucrose, soybean oil, brewers yeast, wheat germ, apple fiber, dried whole egg, rice flower), soy nuts, hemp seed, pine nuts, raisins, puffed rice, fortified with all essential vitamins and minerals.

They drop so much of the stuff in any of the seeds mixes, I am not sure how they get enough food in themselves to sustain life.

I will google the other name now and see what I find. I like to buy in bulk cause pet shops are so expensive.

Thanks for the sprout link. Interesting.
Java
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot
Jenday Conure
Flight: No

Previous

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet