Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

All natural lotion for myself

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

All natural lotion for myself

Postby Jean20057 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:20 pm

Hey every birdie! It's been a looooong time since I've been on and posted, but I need a hand to figure something out.

I recently got a tattoo, and now that it's healing, it's super itchy. I contacted the artist to see what to use, and he recommended a product called hustle butter. It's all natural, but I want to make absolutely sure that the ingredient's smell won't be an issue.

BTW, one of my budgies has a respiratory issue right now.

Made from the finest ingredients: Shea, Mango and Aloe Butters, Coconut, Sunflower and Rice Bran Oils, Rosemary Oleoresin, Green Tea, Vitamin E Complex & Mint Arvenis Essential Oil. With Essence of Papaya and Coconut.
Jean20057
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: Budgies/parakeets
Flight: Yes

Re: All natural lotion for myself

Postby Pajarita » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:49 am

It should be OK. I use perfumed lotion on my hands but I always put it on at night, when I am already in bed, just in case.

Please isolate your sick budgie, put him with a heat pad at the bottom of his cage and give him antibiotics in its water (don't do the beak thing, it will stress him out and delay his recuperation). Do your budgies get enough betacarotene in their diet (carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, dark leafy greens, etc) because a lack of vit A would make them get a respiratory, too...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet