Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Timneh lump below his beck

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

Timneh lump below his beck

Postby bradzee » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:14 am

Hi guys,

I have a problem and dont know what to do.
My timneh is showing a lump below his beck
Check the below picture

Any suggestions?
https://ibb.co/VLTT80W

Thanks
bradzee
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: African Grey Parrot
Flight: Yes

Re: Timneh lump below his beck

Postby Pajarita » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:06 am

Hi, Bradzee and Grey, welcome to the forum. What you need to do is take it to an avian vet because that, most likely, will have to be removed unless it's a huge infection that caused a 'bag of pus' to form but, even if it was that, you still need to take him to the vet for strong antibiotics. I am not a vet, I just have years of experience with, literally, hundreds of parrots so don't take what I am going to say as the gospel, but it doesn't look like an infection to me, it looks like some sort of cyst or tumor but it's hard to tell from a picture. I would NOT wait.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Re: Timneh lump below his beck

Postby bradzee » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:57 pm

Thanks Pajarita for the quick reply.
I took it to the vet and he check it out and he said is hould not worry about anything, its just normal.
And its acting normally, eating all good, nithing weird.
One more thing i bought 2 days ago so its still new and didnt monitor it a lot yet.
A friend told me to add a little bit of apple cider to the water it helps cleaning any infection with the african grey parrots.

I added a short clip for u guys so u can check it out
https://streamable.com/rk048k
bradzee
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: African Grey Parrot

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet