Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Feeding Routine for Tiel & Incoming Too

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

Re: Feeding Routine for Tiel & Incoming Too

Postby Snoopy_the cockatiel » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:48 am

I always keep pellets mixed along with millet.She just selects the millet alone leaving the pellets in the plate.I tried many times.Nowadays I am trying a new technique.As she likes to forage on her cage bottom or outside,I place some food on her way so that she can atleast have a bite.Its helping a little but she is very clever.She wont stay there and eat it.She plays with everything else leaving the food.She became one of our family member from August 22,2012.She is 3 months old.I believe this is the good time to start with new foods.Hoping she will eat healthy food someday.Till,I will keep on trying :)
Snoopy_the cockatiel
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Lutino Cockatiel
Flight: No

Postby marie83 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:56 am

if you weigh the food before you serve it then again when you take it out you will know if she is playing with it or consuming a bit. Only problem is its not entirely accurate as some usually ends up on the floor.
marie83
Cockatoo

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
Flight: Yes

Postby pennyandrocky » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:24 am

my :corella: does not like pellots so i give her only pellots first thing in the morning when she's hungry and save the treats like millet for training and bedtime snack.it's been working out well since she has no other choice.
pennyandmya
pennyandrocky
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: green cheek conure,ducorps cockatoo
Flight: Yes

Previous

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet