Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

lovebird always on top of cage?

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

lovebird always on top of cage?

Postby littlestever » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:25 am

so its been about 2 months now since i have been with my lovebird (luna) and she seems to be very friendly with me at times. i have no problem getting her out the cage and hand feeding her or even getting her to come on my finger or shoulder sometimes. but then there are times where she dosnt always go on my finger and she just flies around the room chirping. more often she seems to always fly up on top of the cage and she just sites there chirping on and off. when i try to get her she runs to the back corner of the cage as if she just does not want to be touched. i feel like i have to force myself to get her to go on my finger to try and calm her down. is she just scared ? should i just leave her alone and let her continue to chirp in that corner?
littlestever
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: lovebird
Flight: Yes

Re: lovebird always on top of cage?

Postby littlestever » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:25 am

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/812/img2959lg.jpg/ here is a picture of my bird on top of the cage
littlestever
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: lovebird
Flight: Yes

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet