Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Minimum size for cage?

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

Minimum size for cage?

Postby JaydeParrot » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:36 pm

I'm looking into getting a cage to put my 2 Sennies in when I visit people, was wondering what the minimum dimensions should be for a cage that they would be in for a few days? I have a travel carrier for the car, I just need to know the dimensions of what they should finally stay in once they've reached their destination, thanks.
JaydeParrot
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: 2 Senegal Parrots.
Flight: Yes

Re: Minimum size for cage?

Postby Pajarita » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:17 am

For two sonnies, I would say 4 ft wide, 5 ft hight and 3 ft deep. That's the size of my single sennie's cage (the other one lives cage-free)
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Re: Minimum size for cage?

Postby JaydeParrot » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:41 pm

It's a nice thought but is there a realistic cage size for taking two sennies with me to someone else's house? As a five foot cage would be incredibly inpractical to fold down, fit in a small car and then put back up when staying over at the person's house, these birds have a very big home cage but they'll need to be in something smaller when I go visiting someone else.

I saw a cage on ebay 95cm high and 45cm wide, is that ok for them to live in for a few days?
JaydeParrot
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: 2 Senegal Parrots.

Return to Housing