Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Travel cages/carriers

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

Re: Travel cages/carriers

Postby Bobioden » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:48 pm

Lets see, $81, free shipping for the Midwest Poquito Avian Hotel, or $229 +$70 shipping, so $299, for the Kings cage. I would never even consider the Kings Cage. That is a lot of money for a TRAVEL cage.

A $25 small Petmate Cat carrier is my travel cage of choice.
Bobioden
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Flight: No

Postby pfinarffle » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:42 am

I put my two cents in about all this in another thread http://theparrotforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7110

You can get King's cages much cheaper online, eg eBay. I only paid $100 for the smallest size cage they build. :thumbsup: But, even the coveted King's cages have their flaws, to my experience. You just have to figure out what your cage needs are (cost, weight, size, material, use, folding or not) and buy according to that.
pfinarffle
Conure

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal parrot
Flight: Yes

Postby aisell » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:17 am

HyperD wrote:I am using the Pak-O-Bird...

I like it because it's light, easily carried, comes with two bowls, has rings to hang toys, has covers for the windows so you can block their view if they are getting scared....

Oh this carrier looks very nice. thanks for sharing I'll buy one for my precious ;)
aisell
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 0

Postby Grey_Moon » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:44 pm

I also have the pak-o-bird for Jacko, and its definetly portable and easy to store (cleans easy and is easy to put together/take down too).

Downsides?
-Cost (cost me about $200)
-A bit bulky/awkward as a carry-case (although this could just be me, I carry her messenger-bag style and I find it jostles and tilts...and gods help you if you have it on your back and trip---happened to me once and I'm sooo happy my friend caught me by the straps so I didn't land on Jacko!!!)
-Squishy...so yes isn't really tough and will bend inwards if pressed on (though it doesnt crumple completely.

Upsides?
-If your bird isn't harnessed-trained its wonderful. Again, a bit intimidating to wear on your back and as a woman, well, my anatomy makes carry it on my chest a little squished for Jacko. But overall its useful.
-Makes an *AWESOME* sleep cage, Jacko sleeps in hers every night and its one safety precaution I take, because its light and easy to grab if I have to evacuate the house in the middle of the night.
-Its a comfy ride for most birds as it built to their dimensions.
-Light! Its great.
-Because its a carrier/travel cage cross if you're going somewhere for a few days, bring this and a small stand and you're golden IMO.

And, ok...lets face it...the novelty factor is awesome!
Also, one of the best things for me personally was that the company, Celtei, will customize anything for you and are very helpful, so there's basically a limitless range of models to choose from.
:gray: ---Jacko (13 year old TAG rescue and my little turkey-bird girl :) )

"Love me, Love my parrots"
Grey_Moon
Poicephalus

Types of Birds Owned: Hen Timneh Grey

Postby Grey_Moon » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:45 pm

I also have the pak-o-bird for Jacko, and its definetly portable and easy to store (cleans easy and is easy to put together/take down too).

Downsides?
-Cost (cost me about $200)
-A bit bulky/awkward as a carry-case (although this could just be me, I carry her messenger-bag style and I find it jostles and tilts...and gods help you if you have it on your back and trip---happened to me once and I'm sooo happy my friend caught me by the straps so I didn't land on Jacko!!!)
-Squishy...so yes isn't really tough and will bend inwards if pressed on (though it doesnt crumple completely.

Upsides?
-If your bird isn't harnessed-trained its wonderful. Again, a bit intimidating to wear on your back and as a woman, well, my anatomy makes carry it on my chest a little squished for Jacko. But overall its useful.
-Makes an *AWESOME* sleep cage, Jacko sleeps in hers every night and its one safety precaution I take, because its light and easy to grab if I have to evacuate the house in the middle of the night.
-Its a comfy ride for most birds as it built to their dimensions.
-Light! Its great.
-Because its a carrier/travel cage cross if you're going somewhere for a few days, bring this and a small stand and you're golden IMO.

And, ok...lets face it...the novelty factor is awesome!
Also, one of the best things for me personally was that the company, Celtei, will customize anything for you and are very helpful, so there's basically a limitless range of models to choose from.
:gray: ---Jacko (13 year old TAG rescue and my little turkey-bird girl :) )

"Love me, Love my parrots"
Grey_Moon
Poicephalus

Types of Birds Owned: Hen Timneh Grey

Previous

Return to Housing