Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

New Cage for a Sun

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

New Cage for a Sun

Postby Ashwin1224 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:45 pm

Hi all,

Mojo :sun: is with me for about two months now.He is currently in an approx 24"x24"x24" cage(its a bit more i guess, still...)

I saw a huge cage in the pet shop recently and i am attracted to it.Its approx 42"x36"x36"[LxBxH].And its got two levels , making it twice its size. Considering Mojos size this new cage seems gargantuan, also I am a bit skeptical if i should shift to a new cage so early. He is still not tame and i cant handle him.

Should I get this Big cage now or should i wait for some more time till he gels really well with me?
Ashwin1224
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 32
Types of Birds Owned: Sun Conure,Budgie parakeet and Zebra finch.Geese, Ducks and Indian chicken in a flock.
Flight: Yes

Re: New Cage for a Sun

Postby HungryBird » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:50 pm

Sounds like an awesome cage! If it is on sale and you have the money I say get it immediately! Even if it is not on sale it sounds extremely tempting.
HungryBird
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiels, Parakeets, Meyer's

Postby Ashwin1224 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:57 am

:)
I ll probably get it, and post pics too.

And its got two floors, so can i put zebra finches or budgies in the bottom floor?
Mojo spends the afternoons alone so he will have some company and my budgie flock will have some entertainment too.
Ashwin1224
Lovebird

Types of Birds Owned: Sun Conure,Budgie parakeet and Zebra finch.Geese, Ducks and Indian chicken in a flock.

Postby Cage Cleaner » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:10 pm

Be careful with cages that are very tall, especially with new, untrained birds. If the bird leans that it can get to a certain place on a cage where you can't easily reach, he may learn to do so repeatedly. This would greatly hinder your training progress.
Cage Cleaner
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Types of Birds Owned: 2

Postby Ashwin1224 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:47 am

Hmm, thats a good point.

I ll check if there is any such spot before i buy it :lol:
Ashwin1224
Lovebird

Postby dohcsvt » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:39 pm

I know this is a little late, but I am also in search of a new cage for my Sun, and you must be careful of the bar spacing on very large cages. Most people say 1" max spacing for a sun.
Stanley the Sun Conure :sun:
Ollie the Green Cheek Conure :gcc:
Stan and Ollie the great comedy duo, always making me chuckle!!
dohcsvt
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: A green cheek conure and a sun conure.
Flight: No

Return to Housing