Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

New Cage for my baby IRN

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

Re: New Cage for my baby IRN

Postby CinnamonParrots » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:10 am

Khaiqha wrote:IRNs are really active and mine uses every inch of its cage. Also you can try explaining to your mom the bigger the cage the less cage aggression there is, and that a small cage will increase the likelyhood of them breaking their tail feathers.

Thank you for saying that! I always...ALWAYS emphasize that the bigger the cage, the less cage aggression, yet some think that bigger cages actually increase cage aggression..such as putting a BF amazon in a MINIMUM "macaw size cage" will cause cage aggression...UGH! Thank you for clarifying that!!! Bigger the better :D
CinnamonParrots
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: GC Conure, Fisher's Lovebird & Blue Budgie
Flight: No

Postby Julianajara » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:36 am

Hello!! So Ive got a baby IRN too, he is now 4 months already, and He was on a cockatiel cage that my boyfriend lend me. It was good for sometime, but then he couldnt open his wings completely without toughing anything and this is unhealthy (thats because I like to put some toys insite the cage so he doesnt gets bored) So I ask help for my father haha and we bought a new one wich is the biggest we could afforad AND the biggest it fits on my place :)
Here it is!
Julianajara
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Indian Ringneck

Postby GlassOnion » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:50 pm

Nice! Julia, it looks like you need some more perches and some chewing toys ;)
GlassOnion
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiels, Ruppell's Parorot
Flight: Yes

Postby Julianajara » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:14 pm

Yeah i know haha it is already with another perch.
The picture is from the day the cage arrived haha it had almost anything inside it.
So i put a coconut foraging toy that i made myself, with wood, corn, almond and atraws inside it, another wood perch (now they are 2) a calcium block, and a cute "bad" for sleeping ^^ (its a colored cube with holes)
The only thing is missing is those colorful rope perches Im crazy about them. But they are quite expensive here in Brasil so I will wait just another months to buy it. When the cage is ready I will post a new picture :)
:irn:
Julianajara
Cockatiel

Postby Julianajara » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:00 pm

Hi, this is how the cage looks now ^^
And there are some wooden toys thast I only put there when i go out and he stays alone.
Any advise? ^^ :irn:

Julianajara
Cockatiel

Postby Lovebird Lady » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:06 pm

Yes, Julianajara. Much nicer! It looks like your little friend is very affectionate. He will need as much time with you as possible to keep him tame, and this strengthens your bond. Enjoy your new friend. :irn:
Lovebird Lady
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Male Lutino Peach-Faced Lovebirds
Flight: Yes

Previous

Return to Housing