Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

help

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

help

Postby ronniedeedee » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:20 pm

hi I,m new to this forum,my question is, I have had a male talking budgie for 4 years now,I keep him in a cage in the house which is open all day and he is free to fly around,but sadly he needs to be rehomed I have the chance for him to go into a avairy with other budgies,will he be ok.many thanks in advance for your answers. :budgie:
ronniedeedee
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: budgie
Flight: Yes

Re: help

Postby liz » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:42 pm

Where are you? We might have someone near you who would like to have a free flyer.

If the other budgies are not paired up he might be okay. If they are already in pairs he will get into trouble.

Why do you need to rehome? What is his personality?
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby ronniedeedee » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:21 pm

hi at the moment I live in the canary islands and I,m moving back to the uk,I have looked into taking him back home with me but the price is €500, and they said he might not survive the journey,when you say paired up do you mean another female.
ronniedeedee
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: budgie

Postby liz » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:55 pm

I mean male and female bonded. If they are already bonded pairs he may get into trouble. If there are some single females he will fair better.

Is this someones private aviary? How many and what type of birds are already there? Have you seen the aviary? What condition are the other birds in? Are they active with good feathers? Do they have room to fly? Can they give him as good or better a life than you did?

Your bird may actually like being in an aviary if it is well cared for and has flying room. Yes it will miss you but remember that they are flockers by nature.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Return to Housing