Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

How long does it take to clean your cage?

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

How long does it take to clean your cage?

Postby Pomlover2586 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:53 pm

How long does it take to clean your cage weekly? I have a WBC and my cage is 30 inches by 30 inches. I find myself cleaning the newspaper once a day as well as spot cleaning the perches, and the bottom metal grate daily. On the weekend I wipe down the bottom grate thoroughly as well as clean the seed guards. I would so so far my "big" cleaning weekly take maybe 45 mins and my smaller cleanings take 10 minutes?

How long does it take you? What sizes are your cages and what species are in them?
Iago- WBC
Zazu- BHC
Pomlover2586
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: White Bellied Caique, Black Headed Caique
Flight: No

Re: How long does it take to clean your cage?

Postby EleriDragonfly » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:53 am

My cage is 29" x 15" x 21" inches., and it currently holds my two budgies Wheatley and Dorian :3
I clean out their cage everyday, removing their mess and checking their perches for any mess as well. And I give their food and water bowl a quick rinse out. That can take me about half an hour, as I like talking to them and I try to get them to fly so they can stretch their wings.
But I give their cage a proper clean every Friday. I disenfect the cage and their food and water bowls, as well as change the sand paper and rotate their toys. This can take me about an hour.
EleriDragonfly
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: Pied Whiteface Cockatiel
Primrose Pied Cockatiel
Grey Budgie x2
Flight: Yes

Postby pennyandrocky » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:12 am

my cockatoo's cage is about 3 feet tall 2feet wide, my greencheek's is half that.weekly cleaning is about 10 minutes per cage,playstand,and tree.thy're out all day so the rest of my house is constant they both stay mostly in the livingroom and game room where people are.my greencheek is the only one that will go to the kitchen where he has a basket to do his buisness in.
pennyandmya
pennyandrocky
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: green cheek conure,ducorps cockatoo
Flight: Yes

Postby ljeanne » Mon May 14, 2012 11:07 pm

you're lucky! i clean 3 - three foot by two foot cages and 2 - two foot cages AND 3 - 20 inch cages every Wednesday and Saterday and change paper or scoop aspen chips daily. it seems to take forever. lol. my TAG likes to throw water at me when i clean his cage. vacuuming every day is what i don't like. :gray: :amazon: :cockatoo:
ljeanne
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 9
Types of Birds Owned: timneh grey, senegal parrot, and budgies
congo grey and blue front amazon, ducorps cockatoo, and princess of whales parakeet
Flight: No

Return to Housing